Speaking of Road Trips!

Later this week I will be heading off to Boston, MA. area to pick up what is suppossed to be a very nice 37k original 41 Buick 90 Limousine. Don't want to trust the shippers for this one so going after it myself. WIll post pictures later but if you google 1941 Buick Limousine it is on several websites. It is black and if you see web sites it is the car that the clock shows 10:10 from passenger side of dash. One site had it on consignment and other shows at car show and auction in May. It never sold any of the sites they were showing it and ended up donated to charity and sold on a online dealer auction where we won it. Will update and try to stop and see a few folks along the way.

Boston is on the other side of the state from me, but depending on your route, we could get together. I am very close to where Interstate 84 and the Massachusetts Turnpike interchange is located. From there it is a straight shot for you into the Boston area. When people say "Boston", they usually encompass a very large area around Boston, and you might be headed 20 or 30 miles from Boston proper. Heck, if you can hold off for 2 weeks, you can even make our cookout..
Paul

I guess Boston is too generic. North Billerica is actually location. Anyone heard of that? Thanks for whom ever posted picture of the car, Paul?" Looks like a really nice one. Can't let it sit there too long being $20 a day storage fee starting end of week.

That is North of Boston, and a ways up 495.. To get there, you are going to be coming up Interstate 84 to the end (Sturbridge) then take Rt 20 East to Interstate 290 to the end, then North on Interstate 495. This will be the most direct route, however, you could take the Mass Pike (interstate 90) starting in Sturbridge to Interstate 495 North to get there also. Whatever way you go, you are going to be passing near by us.. It is about 1 1/4 hour trip by car from Sturbridge to North Billerica.
Paul

Danny, if you happen to be going up Rte 95, I live close to 95. Maybe, we could get together with you, either on your way up, or back, if you have time. Could be for breakfast, lunch, coffee or supper, if I am not working that day. You can call me on my cell phone at 201 954 3159, if it happens to be a last minute thing.

Nice looking Buick! Have a safe trip!

When Danny told me about this car and I saw pictures of it, I fell in love with it right away. I say he did really good on this one. What a beautiful survivor. Not to many of these still around.

Josh

danny, if you want to make a detour back home and drop that one off by me that would be wonderful. i would love to play with that black beauty for a while. id give it back when im done, i promise ;-)

Starting putting trip together, slight detour off the bat as I need to go to Loren Baldwin's to deliver the 67 caddy MM combo he bought from me. THat will put me near where we had our International meet last year. Then on to Northern Boston. Leaving Ga. saturday or sunday to arrive at Loren's sunday or monday. UPdate as I make more plans.

Starting putting trip together, slight detour off the bat as I need to go to Loren Baldwin's to deliver the 67 caddy MM combo he bought from me. THat will put me near where we had our International meet last year. Then on to Northern Boston. Leaving Ga. saturday or sunday to arrive at Loren's sunday or monday. UPdate as I make more plans.

Had directions mixed up, may or may not go near Hudson, depending on which way I cut across. Oooops.

If you are going to be in Ohio, and then going through Pennsylvania to get to New England, you don't want to take the Scranton / Wilkes Barrie way to New England. That route is all hills. You would be better off taking Route 78 past Hershey and into New Jersey. From there, you continue North up to the Tappan Zee Bridge, then Interstate 694 to Danbury, where you will pick up Interstate 84 going East. I have made this trip many times, and this is the best route to take with a truck. It will also keep you off the George Washington Bridge, and out of New York City. Believe me, you don't want to be going through the Bronx. If you want to come up Interstate 91 to Interstate 95 to visit Brenden, then you keep going straight over the Tappan Zee Bridge till it runs int Interstate 91 North.
Can I convince you to take a detour to Idaho, to pick something up for me???

Oh Darlene, you are always the big cut up and joking with me. What happened to the casket car, thought that was cool.

i still have the casket car. have it stored at my brothers house a couple hours away from me. i have a little bit of pinstriping and custom work to do to it. he has been bugging me to get it out of his garage all summer but he cant find the envelope i gave him with the title. my neighborhood does not tolerate no plates/sticker so it has to stay by him until he finds that envelope. i think its fun but that will be the first thing to go. i just dont have anywhere to keep it. also closing on the house where my 2 consorts are stored so i will be losing that garage in just a week. plus i have 2 crowns that i need to bring home. need more room or a new storage spot for a couple of things really soon.

anyway, i think that new buick is a great find. what are your plans for it?

danny, if you want to make a detour back home and drop that one off by me that would be wonderful. i would love to play with that black beauty for a while. id give it back when im done, i promise ;-)

"Step away from the car and drop the check book and SLOWLY put your hands behind your head!"

If you are going to be in Ohio, and then going through Pennsylvania to get to New England, you don't want to take the Scranton / Wilkes Barrie way to New England. That route is all hills. You would be better off taking Route 78 past Hershey and into New Jersey. From there, you continue North up to the Tappan Zee Bridge, then Interstate 694 to Danbury, where you will pick up Interstate 84 going East. I have made this trip many times, and this is the best route to take with a truck. It will also keep you off the George Washington Bridge, and out of New York City. Believe me, you don't want to be going through the Bronx. If you want to come up Interstate 91 to Interstate 95 to visit Brenden, then you keep going straight over the Tappan Zee Bridge till it runs int Interstate 91 North.
Can I convince you to take a detour to Idaho, to pick something up for me???

Good info Paul, thanks! I am up for detours but Idaho a little more than I can deal with this trip. I will have my membership directory with me from 2010, take it on every trip I make. Don't think I will like the disc version, my eye site is failing with age and those are hard to see.:cheers: Paul, what state is Danbury in?

Last edited:
Back