PCS Visitor coming tomorrow !!!

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
After reading Steve Lichtman was visiting Sarah Snook in Perry Sound ON I sent out a invitation for them to come by and see my car collection as it isn't far off the highway on their way back down from Northern ON.

Steve is heading home tomorrow and will be stopping by the farm where I store my cars. I hope at some point Sarah stops by too as she spends a lot of time just 2 hours from where I am.

I have been restoring a old barn and converting it into a MAN CAVE.
I have been working on it for close to a year now and things are getting real close to finishing the construction.

There are actually two barns on the farm and I have both now in use.

The bigger barn now has two lofts that are 20'x32' each and a bridge joining them with a stair case to get up there. I built the lofts over the winter with insulated coveralls on to stay warm.

I store 4-5 cars in the big barn and 3 hearses in the smaller barn.
Two other hearses are off-site close by. One 5 minutes away in Digger's garage.

I am almost to the point where I can start putting my antiques and collectibles on display in the lofts and my automotive related stuff on the main floor.

I am thrilled to have Steve coming by tomorrow morning to check out my cars and I will buy him lunch before his long drive home.

Since he was in Florida for a short time, it will be fantastic to see him again before the next scheduled gathering in Flint MI in Feb 2013.

12 hours until he arrives !

Woohooo,
Darren

It sounds like he is in for a treat if he visits! I for one would love to see pictures of the man cave, even if it is still a work in progress.
Kurt

Pictures hell we want an invite to the cave,and display!!!!:) How about October,good to see Steve and Pate are getting on with life and what better place to travel than the Parry Sound and Toronto area,say hi for all of us,and hopefully will see him in Flint,KEEP HIM OFF THE FIRE POLE if its up yet...

Last edited:
Wayne

The fire pole isn't up yet. I can't get it away from the girls !
They are using it for other things.

:specool:

I hope it isn't wore down to a toothpick before it get it back from them !

:agree:

Darren

Super host.

They'll have a great time with Darren! He's an super host and his collection of cars and items is incredible.

Please post some pics of your man cave...it looked cool when I was there but i"m sure it's even much better now.

Pate and I had a great time visiting with Darren yesterday. He has a great man-cave (he's looking for suggestions for a name, like Brady has the "Garaj-Mahal"). He's done a lot of work to these two barns to prepare them to be car heaven garages, of course, there's still more work to be done. But it looks great. And Darren is a great host, of course.

Pate and I had fun visiting on the way home, and we stopped by and spent time with Tom McPherson in Toronto as well. I just might have to visit Ontario more often!

Here is a photo of Steve standing on the back deck on the big barn where there will be 5 cars kept and lots of automotive collectibles on the first floor.

Antiques and other collectibles will be displayed in the 2 lofts.

Kurt asked for some photos. I don't want to post photos before I finish the big barn but I will show you some photos of the little barn as a preview.

Adam Borkat and his family stopped by when I just had the little barn and Bill Leverett stopped by when the construction was happening earlier this year.

THANKS AGAIN STEVE & PATE !!! for stopping by and spending some time with me.

Anyone is welcome to come by and see if for yourself. Just let me know when you will be in the area and we can arrange to meet up and check out the collection and have lunch/dinner locally.

More on "The Darren Bedford Collection" as it gets finalized.

Thanks for reading,
Darren

:specool:

Attachments

• IMG-20120810-00099.jpg
    IMG-20120810-00099.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG-20120807-00090.jpg
    IMG-20120807-00090.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG-20120809-00098.jpg
    IMG-20120809-00098.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 148
God Darren... Looks like you have an awesome collection and an awesome place to store them. I will have to stop by some time. Toronto is not all that far away... 5 hours or so depending on where you are. I can be in Niagara Falls in 3 1/2 hours... Hamilton an hour later...

On the subject... you list Toronto as your location. Where in the Toronto area are you? Back int he '90s, I drove truck for a living and I frequented the Toronto area. Mississauga, Toronto, Ajax, Scarborough, etc. What part of town are you in?

Charles

I live in Toronto about 5 minutes from Hwy 401 & Hwy 400 at the bottom of Black Creek Drive.

My cars are stored in Queensville about 40 Minutes from my house near Hwy 404 & Greenlane.

The farm is owned by Digger's dad and she lives about 5 minutes away from the farm.

I would really like for you to come up and spend some time here !!!

There is a really cool antique mall across the street from the farm.
About a 1 minute drive North.

Lots to do and see in the area.

A automotive restoration shop is 20 minutes away with just about every type of car have been through the shop including a Batmobile about 10 years ago.

Darren

Back