Ford/Lincoln/Mercury procars

Dutch procars, builders unknown.

'30 Lincoln ambulance:

30lincoln.jpg

'34 Lincoln ambulance:

34lincoln.jpg

'47 Ford hearse:

47fordnl.jpg

Why are there two multiple-page threads on Ford/Lincoln/Mercury pro cars in the same forum?

Because the guy that started the second one didn't look back far enough in the archives - to see if one already existed - before he started this one. As with the Olds threads, merging has been suggested:

I had forgotten about that thread; if no one objects, then I have no problem merging these threads.

Last edited:
Bet yall will never guess who owns this particular car now.

ME!

Alex

We're very glad to see this car is still around. Any idea where it served originally?

Just let us know when the restoration starts - we can help you with items like a correct beacon and/or skirt, a period correct siren, period medical and patient handling equipment, et cetera, and so forth. Original wheels are easy enough to find. What else does it need? A perusal of this site will turn up many ideas and resources.

If you're not a PCS member, please join* as soon as you can. The group has much support, experience, and camaraderie to offer. We hope you'll join the website as a supporter* so you'll be able to attach photos as this project progresses.

*I just sent you two PMs with signup specifics.

Last edited:
Steve, Alex is no newb to the procar hobby. He's been a fixture of the Dallas scene for close to 20 years. His Siebert has already been restored to his liking. No personal choices made with it that can't be undone or slammed by any other personal opinion. Good chance this is why Alex chose not to post current pics - which is the same reason I don't post mine here.

Alex's latest procar acquisition given rarity will most likely be an accurate restoration. Let's hope he decides to share as-acquired pre-restoration pics here!!!

As the starter of the first thread, it is compleatly fine with me that it has ben broke down in to 2 threads. I'm just honored that Steve has continued it, and is sharing another small part of his amazing picture collection with us.

Josh

Photo captures of '57 Ford ambulance from DeBaun Funeral Home in Terre Haute, IN.

Courtesy of and permission granted from Curt DeBaun III. Copyright DeBaun Funeral Home, Terre Haute, IN

4037368016_777a1c61d5_b.jpg

4036622413_6f0c5d0f08_b.jpg

4036626917_c3339b6a4d_b.jpg

3581268641_3b238fba0e_b.jpg

2788843752_b95eacf363_b.jpg

77lincolnversalles_1.jpg

1977 Lincoln Versailles Conversion
1 of 3 conversions owned by Green Sales in Cincinnati.

1950truman.jpg

1950 Truman Lincoln
Now owned by a funeral home in Lebanon, Missouri

79_eric_2.jpg

1979 Lincoln Continental double cut limousine
The coachbuilder is unknown since no badges are found on the car

Elvis3_c.jpg

elvisfromjames.jpg

1973 Elvis's Last Personal Limousine
by Phaeton

Washington DC. Lincoln hearse circa '24, courtesy of National Photo Company Collection from a glass negative.

6929680088_bab39ac119_c.jpg

(Had a lower resolution version already saved with no info, so this may be a repeat.)

Here are photos of a '59 Edsel/Siebert that was for sale in Frankfort, NY in 1973 for $850:

(SL collection)

Attachments

• Edsel F.jpg
    Edsel F.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,457
  • Edsel R.jpg
    Edsel R.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,363
Back