Parting out: 1972 Cadillac DeVille.

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Parting out 1972 Cadillac DeVille that I just got in on the cheap. She's pretty moldy, rusty and crusty but I'm going to keep pretty much everything dash forwards along with some lenses but I'll offer other items here first before some stuff hits eBay and Craigslist and before the rest of the carcass heads for the crusher. This model is the one where there is no b-pillar when the windows are down. With the exception of the windshield all glass is good. Has solid restorable rear bumper that will fit a Series 75. Tilt telescopic steering column. Has brown/tan interior. Has power windows, locks, cruise control and power front seat. This one won't have the extended stay like the other parts cars have had so if there's something ya need let me know. I'd like to be done with it and have this thing outta here by the end of April. Email me at j78ledford@juno.com or contact me through this site for your needs.

Attachments

• Nave4.jpg
    Nave4.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 492
  • Nave-5.jpg
    Nave-5.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 491
Last call for.........

...well, parts!:071:

Not to bad on the progress on the car only being at the Pro-car palace for about a month!:cool:

Pretty much got everything off the car that I'm keeping or will be selling or trading off the car. Some stuff like to doors and a few other smaller items have already been hauled off for scrap or as rubbish. All we have left to to is pluck up the engine and trans and a couple other small parts and put them up in the barn and its ready to go to the scrap yard. So hopefully this time next week the remaining carcass will be headed to the crusher!:thumb:

Like I said it wasn't getting an extended welcome!:smiley_w_ballbat:

Attachments

• photo-4scrap.jpg
    photo-4scrap.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 354
  • photo-5scrap.jpg
    photo-5scrap.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 356
Would the tail lights not be the same as a 73 Cadillac procar?
Are you keeping the climate control controller? I don't know if mine is bad, but would like to have a spare, also there is a place that rebuilds them. I prefer having another to send off.

now if you only had a way to cut the quarters off at about just above the molding up threw the wheel will in the center and straight across at the rocker. you would have something to sell. been many a time I wish I had that wheel opening to patch in.

the tail light lens and housing are the same the bumper ends are different.

I've pulled the taillight lens (only got one good lens outta the deal) but not the actual fixtures. The bumper bolts are pretty rusted up and after looking closer the bumper is damaged. So I'm prolly not gonna fool with pulling the bumper to get the light fixtures with one possibly being damaged anyways.

I've got the heater/ac controller pulled but its VERY crusty and corroded up.

Car is now gone! :goodnight_smi:

Below are the before and after shots to show the damages done!:alc:

Not bad to only have stuck around for three months!:specool::toocool:

Attachments

• Nave4.jpg
    Nave4.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 248
  • Nave Cadillac as scrap.jpg
    Nave Cadillac as scrap.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 276
1972-1973 Cadillac Stop/Tail lamp interchangeability

Would the tail lights not be the same as a 73 Cadillac procar?....

....the tail light lens and housing are the same the bumper ends are different.

Not to quibble with you ED but in 1973 Cadillac changed the rear bumper/taillight assembly from an upper/lower stop/tail lamp assembly [1972] to an upper stop/tail lamp and lower reflector assembly [1973] with a plastic/rubber bumper surround on the lower reflector assembly, IF memory serves correctly. The 1973 year was an in-between year for body style changes at all divisions of General Motors that separated the 1972-back from the 1974-up body designs. So in answering Josh's question if they're the same stop/tail lamp assemblies from 1972 to 1973, no... 1973 is all by it's self... :my2cents:

Don

Correct me if I'm wrong, sir ED......:bonk:

Last edited:
Not to quibble with you ED but in 1973 Cadillac changed the rear bumper/taillight assembly from an upper/lower stop/tail lamp assembly [1972] to an upper stop/tail lamp and lower reflector assembly [1973] with a plastic/rubber bumper surround on the lower reflector assembly, IF memory serves correctly. The 1973 year was an in-between year for body style changes at all divisions of General Motors that separated the 1972-back from the 1974-up body designs. So in answering Josh's question if they're the same stop/tail lamp assemblies from 1972 to 1973, no... 1973 is all by it's self... :my2cents:

Don

Correct me if I'm wrong, sir ED......:bonk:

The above is true on the 1973 Cadillac cars. BUT for 1973 on the Commercial Chassis cars (hearses and ambulances) they retained the 71-72 housings and fixtures and utilized the 72 tail light lens. The commercial chassis bumper did change in 74 with the tail lights being mounted on the lower part of the bumper till 1976. Now the Series 75 bumpers did change and were kept the same as the regular car bumpers at this time.

Thank you!!

The above is true on the 1973 Cadillac cars. BUT for 1973 on the Commercial Chassis cars (hearses and ambulances) they retained the 71-72 housings and fixtures and utilized the 72 tail light lens. The commercial chassis bumper did change in 74 with the tail lights being mounted on the lower part of the bumper till 1976. Now the Series 75 bumpers did change and were kept the same as the regular car bumpers at this time.

Jeremy, it seems the coach-builders and Cadillac didn't keep things to any standard when dealing with CC-built vehicles....sounds like parts for CV [Conversion Vans] that I had to deal with in the late 90's early 2000's. One coach-builder used different color wires from everyone else and they all did the same too! Also all different kinds of interior accent and reading lights, wood accent panels and the like...I had more stuff in the parts department at John Elway Pontiac-Buick-GMC for these vehicles since we sold them; a lot of those parts were originally the wrong stuff for another vehicle that I ordered parts for while in the shop. The manager appointed me to deal with CV's and their parts since no one else had the patience to deal with multiple coach-builders and different sales associates every time you called in to order a part!! When I was out sick, stuff didn't get ordered, it just piled up on my desk until I came back....:pat:

Back