1941 Calillac US Gov. Ambulance

YEap thats it from the auction!! cool,, thanks for the mission statement!! i'll keep it to that!! did anyone see the snow chains on the rear tires with the girl in the photo!! cool,, diffently stateside with the chrome on it!! -- per my wwii sites.. so far..

thansk anymore photos of mine outdoors?? my computer crash a few years ago wiped me clean!! thanks jc

man it LOOKS huge outdoors!! :thankyou2:

YEap thats it from the auction!! cool,, thanks for the mission statement!! i'll keep it to that!! did anyone see the snow chains on the rear tires with the girl in the photo!! cool,, diffently stateside with the chrome on it!! -- per my wwii sites.. so far..

thansk anymore photos of mine outdoors?? my computer crash a few years ago wiped me clean!! thanks jc

man it LOOKS huge outdoors!! :thankyou2:

Thats the only 2 pics I have of it. Got them off a website many years ago.
I looked in my Superior book for build numbers, they didnt give actual numbers, but said that there were in excess of 100 built and were mounted on a Cadillac Series 62 chassis, were built to meet exacting specifications set down by the goverment, and were intended for use on military bases and veterans hospitals.

anyone notice this compartment?? i know mine has it... well pretty sure...
was it for the litter racks, or first aid equipment,, i'd think it be too short for litter racks.

pic2-1.jpg

41sup2a2-1.jpg

Shot in the dark, being analytical... Spare tire compartment. Had to go somewhere, was originally equipped with one, wasn't fitted behind front seats, and outside access would have been handy.

Post-war military Superior and Miller ambulances had access door on driver's side behind front door (where 2nd door would have been placed). One of the quick ways to distinguish between those two coach builders is seeing where that door is hinged: Superior at waistline; Miller a couple inches above waistline.

Here is an open '51 Miller Navy ambulance spare door, sans vertically stored wheel. Note height of door.

dsc00278wq.jpg

Back