Fleet shots

so deep we can reach his hand in there and pull up his socks. but then may that not deep just a big hole. to may pro cars will do that to a man

A fleet of older ambulances/combinations in this Dec '58 press photo titled "City Ambulances"... No further info provided.

L-R; two '51 A.J. Millers, a '49 Superior, a '55 Pontiac (Barnette?) and a '50 Superior -

A Fleet shot of F T Blounts cars Tampa Fl.

50sambfleetftblount1ata.jpg

50sambfleetftblount1tam.jpg

Since Im not much on posting pictures anymore....I'm in a slight mood.:cool:

Watkins FH Atlanta
watkinshistory70.jpg

Wadesboro NC
wadesboropc.jpg

Kent Dorsey can name this FH...it was in his neighborhood.
rfordtonnc1973.jpg

A few more...not shocked if already posted...Im too lazy to look, but they are cool even if reruns.

From the Peter Aldsten Collection.
39chambersfh02washingto.jpg

Hart's......Macon Ga..20's
hartsmaconga1920.jpg

One of my all time favorite fleet shots Harts again....1965... This is "procar p*rn" at it's finest.:D

hartsfleetmaconga1965.jpg

My mood passed......

From my personal collection,

ambulance, hearse and child's hearse from the "Caron & Freres" funeral home, Jonquière, Quebec. circa 1945.

and a street view for fun, the Funeral home is still at the same place 106 years after their beginning.

The cars are Olds and Lincoln sedans as well as Memphis and M-M combinations. They probably had some sort of emergency car, as well. From the June, 1957 issue of THE SOUTHERN FUNERAL DIRECTOR:

http://www.mcclendon-winters.com/who-we-are/history-and-staff

That "fleet of blue" reminds me of the old W.W. Rix Funeral Home in Lubbock. For many years they advertised their ambulance service as "Rix's Bluestreak Ambulance"; and to that end, each of their ambulances had a big steadyburning blue light mounted in the center of the bumper of each of their ambulances.

From THE EMBALMER'S MONTHLY - June, 1953 issue:

Attachments

• Barnett 2.jpg
    Barnett 2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,360
  • Barnett 3.jpg
    Barnett 3.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,310
  • Barnett.jpg
    Barnett.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,598
Back