Door Rubber Gasket Material

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
I have recently been in discussion about the door rubber gasket material that was used by Miller Meteor with Ed Renstrom and Robert Shepard. They both have told me that the company that supplied them with the material is no longer going to be supplying this product in the future because of declining sales. It is made in 1000 foot increments, and the price when purchasing smaller pieces is about $4 per running foot. I believe that if I can get enough people together to purchase this product, that if we can divide up the 1000 foot roll, we all can save some money. Ed estimates that there is a 10% loss of material when you cut the end corners, and that the average car will use about 80 feet to do all 5 doors. This means that we will need about 10 to 12 people total to go into this venture for us all to get what we need at a reduced cost. If you own a Miller Meteor and are considering a restoration in the future for this car, you should give consideration to joining us in a bulk purchase. Please PM me with your estimated needs and I will work on getting us a firm price for the 1000 foot roll. Thanks Paul

Back