'77 M-M Combo Back For Another Go

Thank heavens.........

I am really glad this found a good home. I was tempted, but like Ed I have more projects than room. This deserved to be saved and loved on.

Kent, congratulations to you! Is the car like I told you it was when I sold it to Bo Pound, or is it worse? I truly hope you will restore it, as it deserves.

Hey Brady, Bill and Adam...
We were extremely busy here when Murray got here, I didn't have a lot of time. There was a sacrifice in the deal, the 76 M-M Citation went with Murray. We also made a deal on some 2 man Ferno Washington stretchers, and a nice low boy stretcher that he will probably wheel and deal on sometime.
I haven't had a lot of time to go over the car yet, it has a few mechanical issues that need to be addressed, doesn't seem to be anything major.
It is a rare car and I have grown to love 77-79 Cadillacs...
Adam, don't look for green though.. what is that color? 1977 Academy Gray? hmmm.... ya never know...
Thanks to Bill Marcy and Dan Herrick for filling in some blanks over the last few weeks...

I know Murray tried to have that sold a few times, glad it found a great home. Before I made a deal with Bill for the Lifeliner this car came close to being my first one.

I hate all 77's, as they literally killed the pro-car industry.

More like a bunch of dumbass, know nothing, yet know everything politicians killed the pro car industry. The auto industry just did what they were told to do!!!

Hopefully that "climate" changes now that we've got more common sensed people in charge. We'll see!!!

To call that set of years as down sized caddys, is to says you never had one in your garage. They take up a lot of room. But really what killed the pro car was cost. Vans were a lot cheaper to buy and convert. EMS was moving from funeral home based to independent or fire house.the prestige of a caddy ambulance gave way to quility of care. Which has now evolved in to if mine is bigger then yours I'm better.

I'm my way of thinking loss of completion is what killed the pro car. All the companys Combined in to one with cookie. Cutter styling. By 77 was really only two companies building cars. By 79 only one

I hate all 77's, as they literally killed the pro-car industry.

Not quite - federal government regulations forced this to happen; THEY did this to the procar (and entire automotive) industry.

The '77s were merely the symptoms of this disease. Few manufacturers, dealers, or consumers wanted this.

Finally had a little time for it today, a few photos before it heads off to Godfrey's Garage tomorrow.
I think the only mounted lights I have seen on this era of car are the beacon rays, the 184 light (non mounted, just posing) in the photos has some kind of triple attachment to it, whereas this car has the single bored hole...
Does anyone have a 184 light mounted to one of these or photos of any? (Maybe Ron Devies blue combination had a power light on second thought?)

Attachments

• 77 3 19 17 002.jpg
    77 3 19 17 002.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 347
  • 77 3 19 17 003.jpg
    77 3 19 17 003.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 77 3 19 17 009.jpg
    77 3 19 17 009.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
With the light mounted, it looks like it will be too high to get into the garage.

Finally had a little time for it today, a few photos before it heads off to Godfrey's Garage tomorrow.
I think the only mounted lights I have seen on this era of car are the beacon rays, the 184 light (non mounted, just posing) in the photos has some kind of triple attachment to it, whereas this car has the single bored hole...
Does anyone have a 184 light mounted to one of these or photos of any? (Maybe Ron Devies blue combination had a power light on second thought?)

Note that it will take a 184-H (tall skirt, cut to fit) to properly accommodate the roof contour of this car, whether you use one or a pair.

easy enough to make a D out of any light. all they did was use the top plate and
turn it up side down. the three bolts would go threw it draw the bottom plate up till it's under the skirt. use 1/8 in piece of pipe for your center or drill down threw the approach size bolt. if yous has the hot shoe for a contact you will need to make a contact if yours is the wires you feed it down threw the hole . but a wing nut on the bottom and you now have a D. you can order a tag off ebay to even say so.

here is a pictures of a D I made using a piece of stainless for a bottom plate.

Attachments

• IMG_4472.jpg
    IMG_4472.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 323
Just a heads up, Murray got the 76 M-M Citation. I do not know his plans:

Attachments

• 76MDorsey.jpg
    76MDorsey.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 300
Back