Runs like new again...

Picked the Lifeliner up this afternoon after getting the carb rebuilt. Man what a difference. That thing can roll now and starts with a press of the pedal. Might be tempted to go rescue an animal!!!!!

Paul would be proud since my mechanic (new one) is not cheap but does wonderful work.

He was the one who rewired my A/C and it has worked all the way to Hudson and back and is still working!!!

:alc:

Good deal. I had a newly rebuilt carb on my car when I came to Hudson, but it had not been adjusted. Ron's mechanic at Hudson adjusted everything and even fine tuned it a few days later. That guy knew what he was doing and it certainly was worth the price. I guess when you find someone who knows what they are doing, the price isn't so bad.

My Grandpa told me a long time ago:

"Quality is like buying oats, if you want nice, clean, fresh oats...you pay the price. Oats that have already been through the horse...quite a bit cheaper".

but if you really want to pay out the nose get the oats that have been threw the mill.

takes a while but why go back to a man your not happy with . you find a good man that can do the stuff you can't and pay his price for the repair. you normally get a good respect going for each other.

the hardest part is still getting the car back to were it was when it left the factory. re doing all those cobble ups one at a time takes time. but you get them back to the way they should be it's surprising how well they run. I don't understand it my self. to me it's a lot easier to take the time to do it right. were I get into trouble is when someone wants me to do some new finagled method that's supposed to be better and last longer. you always find out the pit falls of the method to late.

I agree !

A rebuilt carb and it tuned correctly will make a huge difference in how your car drives and feels !

I have had two of my hearses and a Falcon carb rebuilt and tuned lately and they run very smooth and are very responsive. Easy to start too.

Like anything else, there are guys that know what they are doing and guys who are doing a job.
Make sure you find a person who knows what they are doing and enjoy what they do.

Even if your car is running well, a carb rebuild could make it run much better and may even save you some gas in the long run.

The results are fantastic !

Darren

Back