Parting out 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

One-owner, triple-black California car.

Drove it off the showroom floor September 21, 1996 with 33 miles on it.

I think I have nearly every receipt I ever collected for this car including, window sticker, brochures, warranty-work, everything. tranny just went out. The fluid looked like black bean soup at the last fluid change and my mechanic told me: "3 days, 3 weeks or 3 months." It lasted about a week and chugged it's last San Franciscan hill before coming to a stop in a cloud of smoke.

Everything is rust free. All panels are straight. Tons of stainless obviously. Let me know what you're looking for.

This car was pictured in The Self-Starter twice: once while driving through a redwood tree and another beside my black '58 Fleetwood.

Sad, sad, sad, sad. Best car I ever owned.

I consider this an organ transplant to your rig.

Those are the receipts. That's the only picture I can find of the car on this computer. My son's self-portrait a decade ago in the back. You know what it looks like.

Attachments

• docx.jpg
    docx.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 273
  • MVC-133S.JPG
    MVC-133S.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Why are you parting it out, instead, why not just replace the transmissions? Certainly, if it is straight, rust free car, it is worth saving as a whole car...

Why??

I'm with Paul on this one :agree:....WHY part it out?? Instead, why don't you offer it for sale here first before you part it out and see if you have any takers....I know this car and it's really a shame to part it out especially if the rest of it is in good shape....The tranny for this old a car is cheap enough and besides, this model isn't made anymore...the last of the full-size RWD cars from Cadillac....:myopinion: :my2cents:

I want the grille badge once he starts to part it out... I just don't know how many other parts there is going to be a demand for. Most of the car is custom built, except for the nose, and that isn't a part that most people would buy until they needed one.
Paul

Back