Limo Air Vent Rubber Gasket Seals?

Does anyone have any Info or Leads on where a person can go to find or get Replacement Gasket/Seals for the Air Vents Located on most Factory Limos in front of the Trunk Lid???

A Majority of the Limos in my Collection Have Cracked Air Vent Gasket/Seals....but the '68 Caddy Limo I'm Stripping down now, has exceptionally Roasted and Toasted Gasket/Seals. And I doubt I'll be able to Piece them back together with a Bonding Agent or Glue since they are Soo Brittle. I'm hoping there are some Sort of Replacements available out on the market somewhere...If Not, I guess I'll have to dust off My "Fabricating Hat" and See what I can make:confused2:

I have not seen any so far, and believe me, I have pretty much ordered stuff from everyone out there who makes parts for the '68 Caddy's/limo's. The ones on my '68 don't look too bad, but then I haven't had them off, either. If you DO find someone who makes them, please let me know, I wouldn't mind having new ones for down the road. I am in the process of doing a little freshen up of mine. I would like to know more about your car....do you have any pics to show? If so I would love to see them. Good luick on your search.

the only thing I have seen are the set in the 50s from rubber the right way.I can't say as we don't need them but the one 4 holer looks just like the ones on this 63 superior.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 144
doesn't look like it. one will have to sent them a good one so that they have a pattern to make one. Robert had me do that with a splash apron piece off the lower side of his 75. I think they final got it in to there line. took about 2 years or so. this limited production stuff is not easy to find some one to make this kind of stuff . the heavy use of plastic parts from mid 80s to now really scares me. let alone the computer opreated engines. what will the hobby do 30 years from now on that kind of stuff. you can't get any more even today. they are making throw away cars today.

I have used thin gasket cork for things like this in the past. You can get a roll at any parts store, and you just cut out your own pattern. May be the only way you can go.

Vents

I have used these from Metro Rubber, the seals on the taillights on my wagon are not available and the tailgate switch never had a seal but I wanted to finish it off and the beading looks stock just stuck the ends together with super glue.

Attachments

• DSC07298.jpg
    DSC07298.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC07299.jpg
    DSC07299.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC07300.jpg
    DSC07300.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC07301.jpg
    DSC07301.jpg