Lazurus auction Oct 2nd - Oct. 3rd 2015.

Today 157 vehicles were auctioned off of the auctioned carr only a few did more than $200.00. tomorrow there is another 250 cars including these.

That is scrap iron pricing. I will bet that a lot of these cars will make it to eBay next month, and some will have high prices on them, along with some honest, and some not so honest descriptions.

Typical Day At Lewis Lazarus

Typical Day At Lewis Lazarus

Last Friday morning my brother, Tom, attended day one of this auction. Following the directions given, you end up on the Tollway insight of the auction house, and must pay $1.90 toll to drive that short distance. This toll must again be paid when you leave to go home. Arriving at the auction grounds you are stopped at the entrance to the access road and told that you must pay a $10 fee (supposedly as a donation to the cancer society) for parking at the auction. Surprisingly they did have Porta pots and there was not a fee to use them. While picking up your bidding number you are informed that there will be a 10% buyers free on all vehicles. Also since most of the cars are on a bill of sale basis, The State of Illinois will issue you a title at the regular fee, a registration fee, and a bill for $25 to cover the state tax.

If this auction was going to be held in any other state, but Illinois, it could be embarrassing. However, Illinois has the largest number of former chief executives Gov.'s, who are or have been sentenced to a State penitentiary.

I must say that the two-time I dealt with Mr. Lazarus, he treated me fairly. I sold him a 1965 Oldsmobile CB limousine that he was the highest bidder. Also, one other family car ended up with him. It was the first lot, number one, car to be sold. It is a Black 1969 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 special, listed in the catalog as in 1970. My brother went to the auction to pay its respects to our old Fleetwood, much like a calling hours. She brought $425 and showed she had a hard life since leaving our garage.

My brother did take some pictures and they are very similar to the once Bruce included in this post. However, if there was a particular car that you wondered about and hoped someone took a picture, please e-mail me and we will look over our pictures and e-mail you back anything we have on that car.

Finally for those of you who have never met Mr. Lazarus in person, here is a picture of him at the auction. He is the man with the light Brown hat and with the white bearded goatee.

The second picture shows our old Fleetwood, next to another celebrity car, the Cadillac Eldorado, supposedly owned by Frank Sinatra. This was only one of many claims made but not substantiated.

Attachments

• 1 Lou Lazarus IMG_0114.jpg
    1 Lou Lazarus IMG_0114.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 158
In this instance, it looks like mostly junk, that were probably decent when he got them. It sure seems like a waste to me.

mostly parts cars. but you got to wounder. if he had them all floored how much the back got took for. he was a interesting man to talk to and everything there was not junk just most of it. glad I was not close and had a extra 40 to put them on a lot of parts there.

The 2 Henney Packards are already on eBay with $4500 "Buy It Now" prices on each coach! Lol

Back