Why hasn't.....

Not yours,checked the VIN first thing in the door today

Oh oh. That means there is another one with electrical issues. Very concerning. With the two that have been delivered it was made very clear to us we MUST slam the rear door making sure it is closed or the light will be left on draining the battery. One of the hearses had a dead battery due to this issue. Nothing like loading a casket at the church and hear this big SLAMMM-BAM to close the rear door. Not sure why they don't have a mechanical door closer.

The times that I worked for local funeral homes the one prevailing rule DO NOT slam the doors on the coach,hold the handle with one hand and gently close using the other palm,

put a dab of grease on the jam switch. close the door. look to see were it touches the door. put a pan head screw in the door right there. this will take up the slack in the door and make sure the switch gets turned off. if it's not enough then back the screw out a little till it is.

I under stand this is to simple a fix and no dealer would do that. but it's like everything else now days, you get it home and you have to fix it to make it work

I, personally, don't think that it is in the best interest of the PCS or this site to pick apart the coaches that are currently being built by the relatively few remaining coach builders. Whether you are talking about current coach builders or SCI, these are all companies that we would like to have support us in our preservation efforts and, hopefully, contribute to our future events. It is easy to get headed down that road without taking into consideration all of those who may be reading what we discuss on this site. If you don't like them, don't buy one.

Having said that, I will take ownership of the fact that I am as opinionated as anyone on this site.

I don't agree with you on that Kurt. The less "support" The coach builders get from funeral and related folks here, the less cars they will sell and hopefully it will push them out of business or force them to make better coaches. I am tired of the manufactures shoving crap down our throat and being made to like it. If the present coach builder go, Oh Well! others will start up to fill the gap. What do they do for the PCS That we can not operate with out? Now on the other hand, PCS provides a Place that they can reach potential buyers. To me, the coach builders need us.

I, personally, think that Cadillac and Lincoln are more to blame than the coach builders. It is THEIR styling that sucks! The coach builders are just trying to make a dignified looking product based on the pure crap that Cadillac and Lincoln put out.

that i'll agree with . but they are so stuck in the car base platform that they fail to think about anything better to build on. then the same can be said for the interindustry. they want a car and refuse to look at anything else. there are a number of smaller players building on the truck based chassis. but no one has though enough to drop the nose bleed high truck down to a 70s car based hight. so you can load into it with out a fork lift. but I'm begetting on it happening.

Since most people think these are ugly, I may have a chance at loading my garage with these in a few years when no one wants them. WOOOHOO. Some of us actually like the new stuff too.
Keep in mind people hated the 59 too (and some of us still do), but look at the prices they get now.

Back