movie cars

Those implications are far reaching.the general lee,starsky and hutches car and ecto machines if protected ,as it appears the batmobile is, means clone cars are a no no. according to the judges ruling.

the list is even longer, no reason it should stop at movie cars. I used to own a Lotus eleven, of which there are around 350 from an original production run of 269. Zagato Aston Martins, Bugatti type 35's, jaguar c-types. a copyright is a copyright, shouldn't matter whether it appeared in film/TV or the race track. probably impossible to enforce, but anyone who is making and selling replicas has got to be sweating on this one.

FACT!!! More 1931 Packard boat tail speedsters exist NOW than Packard built same goes for 1934 Packard V-12 Convertible Victorias. to say nothing of all the Mopars and Mustangs. Also a good bet more GTO Judges than Pontiac made. It goes on in the name of $$$$$$$.

I am not sure of the implications regarding this ruling. It seems they are referencing the uniqueness of the Batmobile, if I understand correctly. I suppose we can name a few unique vehicles used in TV and movies, such as; The Monkeemobile, Ecto-1, General Lee and others. But, what about cars that are more generic, like Adam-12, the Smokey and The Bandit Trans Am and the like. Is there a fine line somewhere? I understand the applicable laws need to be obeyed, but where do they start and where do they end?

if you own the right to the image no one else has a right to make money off that image with out your permission. thats all it's about.

Too bad it will not stop all the Ectos out there, but most of them are so incorrect that it probably would not apply. Its a good thought anyway.

Back