'77-'79 Factory mirror thermometer

A couple years back I tried to replace the driver side mirror on my '77 MM with a mirror I got from the junkyard that has one of those optional Cadillac emblem thermometers on it. Once it was on the unit was crooked so I had to change it back. Im not sure if I got it off of a Deville or Fleetwood but it was indeed a 77-79 so I figured it wouldve fit. My question is do the hearse doors have different lines than a Deville or Fleetwood? Id like to figure it out because id like to buy the correct angled mirror with one of those thermometers on it.

From what I understand the downsized CC was the first time Cadillac supplied the front door skins, the lines should be the same. Perhaps you got one from a Seville or Eldorado that didn't fit right.

The front doord on my 1978 Superior are standard sized Cadillac doors, except for the door glass height.

Hmm maybe in my hastiness I did infact grab it off of a Seville or Eldorado...well atleast there is hope to get a unit that fits my hearse.

check the ones on the car some times they had a spacer that would set it at a different angle. know that the 75 did.

Any morrior from a 77-79 Fleetwood, DeVille or another pro-car should fit just fine as like ithers said, the door is the sane from the window seals down. The mirror spacers (an ingenuous idea on M-M's part) were used from 71-76 that I'm sure of, 68-70 might have had them too. I've never seen or found a Superior or S&S with them.

Any morrior from a 77-79 Fleetwood, DeVille or another pro-car should fit just fine as like ithers said, the door is the sane from the window seals down. The mirror spacers (an ingenuous idea on M-M's part) were used from 71-76 that I'm sure of, 68-70 might have had them too. I've never seen or found a Superior or S&S with them.

Here are photos from my 73 M-M of the mirror spacers that Ed and I are talking about. I'd say you could use these on other years and other coach builders cars to enhance and improve mirror visibility with the 68-92 style Cadillac mirrors.

Attachments

• image-2957236213.jpg
    image-2957236213.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 178
  • image-180181490.jpg
    image-180181490.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 179
  • image-2507372137.jpg
    image-2507372137.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 167
that set is on up side down to. the mirror should set square with the car. not leaning out. take the mirror loose and flip it around the base will mate up shape wise with the mirror also

Back