1976 Cadillac Ambulance for Sale

Great detailed interior shots, Steve. This winter I'll give thought to changing my black vinyl to orange. Really striking.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 76%201.jpg
    76%201.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 213
set up for twin gurneys. if memory serves me right they would be a rail up front on the left to catch the gurney and pull it into the front hook. the jump seat missing is not good. but should not there be a matching seat on the right divider? I don't believe I have ever seen that type of switch pod in back either.
she is most defiantly a project. we got one up here like it and are finishing up on one that was. I hope I never find another .

Since these cars were generally ordered to customer specifications, it stands to reason that a real oddball shows up once in a while. The stitching pattern in the bucket seat matches up with the design and color in the rest of the car, so it looks to me like it was ordered this way. As far as why there are brackets for a cot mount on the curb side, where clearly there is not room for a stretcher there, my guess would be that the bucket seat had a quick-release where it could be pulled out of there in a pinch so that a gurney could be wheeled into that area.

we look at things differently. thats a good guess. me I see a seat that has had lot of stuff pilled in back of it. put in were if it was there when in uses, would have the left side in ribbons putting the gurney in and out. it can't swivel were it is to face the pt, has switches either side of it you can't reach from it, with no trim around it at the base. weight is right at a sack of cement. it's so large if you were putting 4 people in you would have to leave it at the incident. . but no visible way to easily remove. it is the same color and stitching pattern as the front seat in the car. so either the drivers seat wore out and they replaced it with a good bench from another car. put the good seat in back. or they robed the passengers seat out of the other car to replace or add a seat in the rear. now MM had some interesting seating arrangements in these cars for sure, but putting one to big to slide the main gurney in place was not one I have ever seen before. for the most part there stuff was at least user friendly even if dam uncomfortable. but thats just me I really have no idea who, what, were or why

Mike that's a different way of putting the hangers together. in you picture. now if I understand Mm right the screw holes added to the floor are to put in the removable attendants seat in them.

Back