cabinet measurement please

hate asking for help but I need some measurements. I need the distance from the bottom of the window to a correct distance for cabinets from the inner bracing to the outside cabinet on the drivers side where the cot hook goes. low top suburban. building cabinets and need to know how far out from the metal inner to the correct distance of the cabinet. one with a opening top for storage. ive been guessing and decided if someone could put a tape measure to it and give me a little guestimate. my guesses usually are wrong. in advance thanks.

Kyle, not sure what year or model you are referring to, and I'm not sure if I understand correctly what distance you are trying to measure.

If you are trying to create the side wall cabinet over the wheelwell, then it really should be only as wide/deep as the interior dimension of wheelwell itself. They wanted to maximize the interior space. So you need the distance from the wall to the edge of the wheelwell cover. The height basically comes up to the base of the window, and the length is from the back of the vehicle to just behind the side door area.

here is what the squad bench in the Stoner cames out to. right now all I have of it are screw holes and a picture. the Stoner was tight in the back and a lot tighter with 4 pt in there.

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 277
thanks

I was trying to get what the diminsions were on the wheelwell. 71 suburban 3 door. building the interior and obviously I wont be carrying more than one patient(stretcher). wont carry any but want to get enough room to make a top opening cabinet but not obtrusive. low top so no squad bench and cabinet on both sides and behind front seat. trying to put 2 o2 tanks in the small forward cabinet. was gonna raise the floor for a backboard but don't think so. not enough room. wasn't a ambulance from birth but will be one. homemade like back in the day. thanks to both of you the dimensions on your stoner helped also mr. renstrom. I was off a inch and a half from what I had and now seeing yours it makes sense. thanks to both. come here for yalls big to do and ill buy you a real Texas meal. both of ya

Kyle, do you have any pics you can share of your progress? Also, what will the name of your conversion company be? =D

Back