This should keep y'all busy....

Cary Livingston

Southeastern Chapter President
For a lil while anyway......make sure you stroll through all the pages....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/autohistorian/
Right click and save time:)
Heres a sample....I hope
3711763356_5a89d40be6_b.jpg

that just shows how much education is still need out there. SS frame. love the rockets though see even in the 50's sex sells. :D

Thanks to Cary

Many thanks to Cary for giving us a feast of things at the website he provided us. This is loaded with great stuff to look at.

Thanks, Cary.

RD White

who ever thought this company would move to Canada then drop out of making cars all together. we had a dealer here in town that lost his franchise in them. in the early 70 he went and picked up another car line. this summer chrysler pulled his franchise again.

Attachments

• 1953 studebacker dealer RC.jpg
    1953 studebacker dealer RC.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,376
  • 1953 studebacker RC-SD.jpg
    1953 studebacker RC-SD.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,362
who ever thought this company would move to Canada then drop out of making cars all together. we had a dealer here in town that lost his franchise in them. in the early 70 he went and picked up another car line. this summer chrysler pulled his franchise again.

Well that explains it, it's all this guys fault. "Big Daddy" Don Garlits loves Studebakers and was at his museum just two weeks ago.

Thanks, Cary

Again, thanks to Cary for this great flicker photo file which gets periodically updated with the neatest stuff. Many of the non-pro car ads are equally fascinating.

The Alden Jewell Collection constantly has cool stuff added to it and I check every few days....todays jaw droppers are.....

3951390137_0ef703298b_b.jpg

I actually owned a 57 Ghia in the early 90's. Now resides in Norway.

3951450081_259ea16b05_b.jpg
QUOTE]

I was almost one of these 25.... :(

About 12 years ago, a place here in Marietta called Topp It Customs had one of the 1960 Ghia limousines. It sat along a fairly major road, and I used to drive past it all the time. It was in complete, not urunning, but overall decent shape. He wanted $5,000 for it, and another $1000 could have had it usable and on the road. At the time I was 21 and stupid, and I didn't buy it. The last one I saw in driving, unrestored condition sold for ten times that. Oh well...

By the way, if I remember right, they didn't actually get 25 made that year. I think it was only half that.

Adam

Back