'49 Barnette Chevy ($5.5k/OH)

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/4397959932.html

1949 Chevy Ambulance - $5500 (Cincinnati)

1949 Chevy Hearse/Ambulance. Original drive train, 216 engine, 3-speed on the column. Does run and drive. Motor has knock. Have conversion kit for V8 auto. Still has nice original ambulance interior (red vinyl) and drivers partition, complete with medicine cabinet and jump seat in rear. Very nice original car. Needs radiator. $5500. Dave 513-288-886one

00O0O_gggG96Ngha_600x450.jpg

00L0L_1NrOmo9izO0_600x450.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey look - a neat coach in the 'Nati that doesn't belong to Carl! :p

Hate to say it but it needs the V/8 conversion, When I was a kid a local private school bought a Chevrolet eight door to haul kids. I used to ride my bike to the garage and the driver told me it was so slow he could run faster. Add kids and there was a hill in town it could not climb even in low (a powerglide). Hard to believe the rigs condition considering where it is.

those old Babbitt rod 6s were good engines when they ran. but the 2 speed power glide never worked behind it. this one with the three speed would do ok. you really need that that intermittent gear and the lower rear end to make it work. with the rods knocking it may not be all that great a buy at the asking price. wish there were interior pictures.

Back