Gotta get me some Trim!

Rick Duffy

PCS Past President 2010 - 2012
Hi!

As most of you are aware, I am in the process of restoring the 1957
M-M "Classic" Cadillac ambulance, once owned by Dave McCamey.

I have decided to re-do the car as a Chicago Fire Department ambulance of the time. I have collected most everything I need to do this, with much help from some PCS members and a number of photos from the same folks.

The only picture I have of a "57 CFD ambulance is seen on the Northland Site Archive, showing what I believe to be the M-M "Paramount" model with lightning bolt trim.

I AM TRYING TO LOCATE OR REPRODUCE THE LIGHTNING BOLT TRIM!

I have checked with a number of folks, who have exhausted their resources to locate this trim... and it appears that I will likely have to reproduce it or go without, altogether.

If you know where I can find the trim, that would help! If you know a car that has the trim and where I can go and photograph/ measure it, with the owner's permission, I would be grateful.

I have the brochure, so I suspect I can have somebody reproduce it as close to correct as possible, but would really like to obtain or see personally, the "real deal!"

With 70 days left in my term and counting... :D

Thanks for your attention!

Rick

Attachments

• 57 M-M Futura CFD.jpg
    57 M-M Futura CFD.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 312
looking at a poor copy of the picture it all most looks like the center piece is a flag off the rear of a 2 tone 55 chevy. the straight runs the side trim. so was this a CFD thing? or MM. one can bet they used existing trim. but what is of course the key. congratulation on your extend tour coming to a end. i see your coloring in the short timers calender .

'59 Superior

I, personally, would wait for the correct original mouldings. They are out there. You will spend an insane amount of money trying to reproduce something that will never be the same as the correct original mouldings. Be persistant and network. You will find them and you will be glad that you waited.
Kurt

Alvin Arnold in Paragould Ark has a 57 m&m duplex parts car with the trim you need see the post 250 cadillacs in the for sale forum

Can't make contact

Jim I've tried over a dozen times yesterday and today, after reading your post, to make contact with Mr. Arnold.

Yesterday, the phone rang 10 times and then an electronic vice that said "Message device off!.

Today, it rings 3 times and clicks off.

If you are close by, or are able to contact him, I'd appreciate you letting him know what I need and have been attempting to make contact!

With 70 days left in my term and counting... :D

Thanks!

Rick

Rick just keep trying he will answer, He lives about 65 miles from me but I'm selling him my 57 parts car may deliver it next week, the m&m has been there for many years so I don't think your parts will be sold let me know if you don't get him I'll see if can check on your parts when I go down there

End the end Mr. President your car is in much better shape than mine due to being so patient. :3_7_11v:

Can't wait to seeing it one day. Do you have enough cans of spray paint or should we all bring one to the 2012 meet for you. :stars:

Trim

Rick I went to alvins today he is out of town but I took pictures of the trim you need its all good and I took pics of all the pro cars if you send me your e-mail address I'll send the trim pics Jim

Rick, located a complete set of this trim in CO. Not cheap, owner wants $600 to let it go. Already off car. He says one piece of trim has a bend that removing is best left to a stainless professional (adding he could make it look pretty good reworking himself but not perfect, which is why he hasn't tried). Rest of pieces are all very nice. Thinks all mounting clips are there as well. PM/email for the number if interested.

Back