PCS Member
Site Supporter
Perth Amboy, NJ
1951 Henney

Rusling, NJ
1952 Henney

Goodwill Fire Co. (Bridgemont, PA)
1952 model, very rare Henney hightop
(seen at 9/54 parade, Atlantic City, NJ)

Freehold, NJ
1954 Henney

(Charles Beckwith photos)

Attachments

• 51 Perth Amboy.jpg
    51 Perth Amboy.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 4,507
  • 52 Rusling.jpg
    52 Rusling.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 4,206
  • 52 Henney Goodwill.jpg
    52 Henney Goodwill.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 5,534
  • 54 Freehold.jpg
    54 Freehold.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 4,348
Goodwill Fire Co. (Bridgemont, PA)
1952 model, very rare Henney hightop
(seen at 9/54 parade, Atlantic City, NJ)
(Charles Beckwith photos)
attachment.php

According to George Hamlin, it is the only Henney hightop ever produced. Notice the unusual side window behind the door - that doesn't match a window on any other Henney product, so far as anyone can tell. Fortunately, it's still around and currently owned by PCS member Tony Corriher in NC.

And in the first photo of Perth Amboy, notice that the ambulance-men are riding the back step. There is apparently a hand-hold bar over the door for this purpose, and probably a full-width step as well.

I was going to post a Packard pic that I actually took yesterday, but for some reason the attchment icon is no longer there?:wtf:

I was going to post a Packard pic that I actually took yesterday, but for some reason the attchment icon is no longer there?:wtf:

Your Super Site Supporter Status has expired last evening at midnight... Thanks for your past and future support..
Paul

A Packard collector and restorer in Tulsa has a large lot of parts (and "someday") cars, including several Henneys. All shown here are combinations or ambulances; a '54 limousine is also there. These pictures were taken between 1982-88. All of these cars were still there when I visited in 2007. They are not for sale.

(SL photos)

Attachments

• Knepper lot photos_001.jpg
    Knepper lot photos_001.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 4,254
  • Knepper lot photos_002.jpg
    Knepper lot photos_002.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 4,243
Here is a pic of a 1954 Henney Packard Junior ambulance that I took yesterday (Halloween) a friend of my dad has owned this car for 20+ years that I know of. It was originally red over grey, and one time saw service in Melbourne, Iowa.

Also, (I hope I got the years right, if not let me know),a '53 Junior and a '54 Senior that I took at the Packard International meet in Des Moines, IA a couple years ago.
(J. Royark collection)

1954 Henney Packard Junior ambulance 002.jpg

1953 Henney Packard Junior 2.jpg

1954 Henney Packard Senior 2.jpg

HEY LOOK!! There is PCS co-founder George Hamlin tending to his Packard behind the Henney Senior.

Same car?

According to George Hamlin, it is the only Henney hightop ever produced. Notice the unusual side window behind the door - that doesn't match a window on any other Henney product, so far as anyone can tell.

Here's a shot taken sometime in the 1980s, showing the car with a different cormorant (hood ornament) and a C6 siren instead of the #78:

(SL collection)

Attachments

• Henney hightop.jpg
    Henney hightop.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 3,778
The '53 Henney Junior is, of course, mine. Ex-USAF, ex-Etchison Funeral Home, Frederick, MD, later owned by Packard collector Alvin Bain before I bought it. Many years and many dollars later, it's done.

The '54 Henney Senior ambulance is the second piece of Washington, DC, Fire Department's Rescue Squad #2. Like most fire apparatus in DC at the time, it is built to US Government specs, which means it has no side doors or windows, but it is a full-length ambulance, not a Junior. The Pirsch rescue is also a US Gov't rig. (Lichtman collection from DCFD files.)

And here is that '52 Henney hightop, as it appeared at the '07 International Meet in Tennessee. It's got a few more "things" on it, but it's still there.

Attachments

• IMG_1093.jpg
    IMG_1093.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 3,355
  • 54HenneyPackardDCFD.jpg
    54HenneyPackardDCFD.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 3,320
  • 52HenneyPackardHitopCorriher4.jpg
    52HenneyPackardHitopCorriher4.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 3,198
are the cars in the # 2 post and the #8 post the same car. they look like the same body to me. here is a 50 for sale in Rapic City at motion unliminted. I'm thinking he still has this car.

Attachments

• 1950 packard 1.JPG
    1950 packard 1.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 3,089
  • 1950 packard 2.JPG
    1950 packard 2.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 2,969
  • 1950 packard 3.JPG
    1950 packard 3.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,956
Here is the one I have been working on.

Hope to get it finished before I have to ride in the back.

Attachments

• henney2010.jpg
    henney2010.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,031
are the cars in the # 2 post and the #8 post the same car. they look like the same body to me...
Ed, the '52 Henney Packard high-top shown in post #1, post #2, post #8, and post #9, are all shots of the same car, as there is only one high-top (so far as we know, anyway). We're showing how it progressed over the years.

Henney-Packards

Here is a snapshot of my Henney-Packard after restoration (1972-1984) and then new paint again in 2008. We still use it 4 or 5 times a year at our Funeral Home upon request.
Thanks,
Mike
P.S. If picture does not appear, I guess I have not figured out how to attach it yet!!!!!!!!! I could use some help with this???

Pics

Paul was kind enough to offer to Post my pictures for me. I guess in the present format, the pics I have are too large to post. Thanks, Paul!! As soon as we get organized, the pictures will get posted. I'm still learning.......

Thanks again, Paul.....:boo:

Attachments

• 7-4-08 023.jpg
    7-4-08 023.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 870
  • 7-4-08 033.jpg
    7-4-08 033.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 876
"things"

The '53 Henney Junior is, of course, mine. Ex-USAF, ex-Etchison Funeral Home, Frederick, MD, later owned by Packard collector Alvin Bain before I bought it. Many years and many dollars later, it's done.

The '54 Henney Senior ambulance is the second piece of Washington, DC, Fire Department's Rescue Squad #2. Like most fire apparatus in DC at the time, it is built to US Government specs, which means it has no side doors or windows, but it is a full-length ambulance, not a Junior. The Pirsch rescue is also a US Gov't rig. (Lichtman collection from DCFD files.)

And here is that '52 Henney hightop, as it appeared at the '07 International Meet in Tennessee. It's got a few more "things" on it, but it's still there.

Steve: I think the few more "FL-8 Things" on the fenders now probably would have been very appropriate even back then for a "One of a Kind High Top-Henney" Fire Department Ambulance.... maybe even adding a fire extinguisher embeddded in each front fender too? THANKS to all of you for these GREAT pictures! MM

Mike....... that is a beautiful coach.. Now we need to see the interior of both the front and back. thanks Paul

Mike B, that is one beautiful coach. Thank you for sharing the pics with us. Like Paul said, when you get a chance, we would love to see some interior pics.

Josh

38 Super-8 Limo, 42 Ambulance, 48 Ambulance.

Josh

The Gentry collection

Attachments

• 1938-Packard-Super-8-Limo.jpg
    1938-Packard-Super-8-Limo.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 924
  • 42hp.jpg
    42hp.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 796
  • 48hp.jpg
    48hp.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 803