ambulance rescue(s)

goats and sheep. the only way to get that growth under control. sheep stuff is easer to lay in they cow. worked at a yard that the owner would buy lambs in the spring and sell them in the fall every year. sure keep the yard accessible.

M-M Cabinet Hardware

I am missing a cabinet door or more importantly the hardware for that door. I can duplicate the door but the hardware is giving me trouble. Do you have any more interior shots of those scrap destined Miller-Meteors?

3 rigs in this post are completely off limits for various reasons. Ever see M. Night Shyamalan's The Village? Consider these like the mysterious creatures they did not speak of. Nothing good will stem from it. Money does not matter. They are not for sale. Best course is to respect owner's wishes.

Only posting pics as a courtesy to share what he's keeping.

'79 Superior downsized is second last produced. Serial number is one before Dr. Roger White's well known ambulance. '79 is in better condition than '78 shown in previous post.
When I was there in '05, he gave me a price on that of $3000. When Fred and I came back with cash money in my pocket for it (and others), he refused to see us. It hasn't gotten better with age, I'm sure. :(

Be Nice To The Owner

Although known to be a bit eccentric this fellow is very honest and honorable from my experience. Push him and its all over. He is also a wealth of knowledge about our vehicles.

Another we couldn't get very close to. Think this MM is a '66.

This is indeed a '66. Last time I was there it had a large steel number 3 on the grille possibly a company number of its former owner. It appeared to be complete at that time

And as Steve Lichtman said earlier I'm also glad the Pontiac is saved.

Attila, in my opinion you are truly a blessing and a priceless asset to the Professional Car hobby! Thank you for everything you do, from the carefully researched and polished posts that you regularly contribute to all the hours and days of hard thankless work you do on a daily basis to help locate, document, retrieve, and rescue these cars!

THANK YOU!!!

Abe

The Wellsboro 73 is simply fascinating (among the buttzillion options note 2 power window switches on the Passenger door). Also I spotted a rare late 70's GMC motorhome in the background of one shot. I am actually itchy and sweaty from living vicariously though the pictures. :yum: Thanks for the post Atti.:applause:

Agreed Cary, and did you see they appear to have had 3 separate radios in back, along with an old style bank teller/supermarket PA system type microphone which I'm assuming was part of an intercom system between the cab and the rear since the cab is fully portioned off. This unit probably had every options box checked off when being ordered, and then some!

The Wellsboro cars, back in the day:

Steve, I remember when you originally posted these pics on the Classy Cadillacs thread, and made the hilarious remark that these rigs were the end result of too many people being on the vehicle committee!

Last edited:
Attila, in my opinion you are truly a blessing and a priceless asset to the Professional Car hobby! Thank you for everything you do, from the carefully researched and polished posts that you regularly contribute to all the hours and days of hard thankless work you do on a daily basis to help locate, document, retrieve, and rescue these cars!

THANK YOU!!!

Abe

And thanks to Darryl as well for his efforts in saving as many of these deserving cars as he has! He is investing a huge amount of time and money in these cars just to see them saved! Not many of us would/could put in that kind of effort and make that kind of investment in them. These cars and parts need to be saved and we are fortunate to have Darryl and Attila as members.

Another we couldn't get very close to. Think this MM is a '66.

This is indeed a '66. Last time I was there it had a large steel number 3 on the grille possibly a company number of its former owner. It appeared to be complete at that time...
Pic of the '66 when we saw it in '05. You could see a little more of it back then.

Attachments

• 66MMCadVol - Copy.jpg
    66MMCadVol - Copy.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 842
Wellsboro

They're in our Regional Council..and the units are the same way today. Wellsboro is known to Firehouse Magazine as Firetown USA. They go way out in left field, preping for anything. Including excessively equipping ambulances with trinkets still today. However, they didn't have medics, so that's all their uniqueness.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPlVQUI6Z94[/ame]

Last edited:
One of the cars being moved, '74 S&S Victoria with extend table.

1000295_10151750005648221_1901935740_n.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again: '71-'76 S&S Cadillacs feature absolutely "gorgeous" design, especially when viewed from the rear, rear quarter and side profile. Wonderful!

And thanks for sharing all of this with us, Attila. :thumbsup:

Yes, those Wellsboro car interiors are AMAZING! I've never seen such elaborate cabinetry and options. I'm like Cary-got itchy and hot w/ your virtual tour! Thanks Atti and Darryl for your efforts.

***Update***

The 1975 Superior Pontiac runs amazing and has a rock solid transmission. May get all the lights going tonight. Tomorrow is brakes day, the new brake system parts are sitting here and ready to change out.

This coach is kinda cool even if it is not a Cadillac. IMO ;) Basically a perfect project car.

Darryl: Kudos ++ to you, Attila and any help you had for saving all of these old souls. Any chance you could post pictures of the Pontiac interior? Not many of those left.

Wellsboro Rigs

As the old adage goes: "Look sharp, be thought sharp". You could be the most skilled crew around, but pull up on a scene in a dumpy looking rig with three hubcaps missing and the patient would think: "Oh no, just my luck, I got the dumb ass crew!".

Attila and Darryll, thank you for your efforts. If even one of these rare cars gets restored by a loving collector, your efforts are worth the hell you went through. It is truly amazing to me, to think that Pete and Jan just let these ambulances deteriorate. You have to wonder, what were they thinking? When I first joined the PCS in 1993, The Pete and Jan were always around, showing pictures and talking procars, they loved these cars. Something happened and the rest is history. But, I sure as Hell can't understand it.

Another '76 S&S. Note more planked off side windows from factory. Darryl got close & inspected while I climbed to a higher vantage point for shooting. Jacob, thought of you on this for some reason.

It's nice to know that the sight of a rusted-out, obsolete, bucket of bolts, slowly being swallowed by the wilderness, one short step away from being fed into a waiting crusher, brings me to mind. ;)

Come to think of it, that happens quite often among those who know me... Oh well, since the shoe fits, I better wear it.

Darryl and Attila are doing phenomenal work. What a team these two make.

Back