fresh TX procar photo hunt

dsc01526d.jpg

New hunting ground as it is still open season in the Southwest. Stay tuned while uploads are churning.

This guy will sell parts/cars and was more friendly than most hoarders I've met. Those that ask privately receive specifics of his NE location.

dsc01508fk.jpg

Stick a fork in this '62 - it is done. Front clip isn't usable. Does have a decent set of exterior windshield trim. Interior windshield trim has pitting/light surface rust.

dsc01505t.jpg

Notice anything out of place yet..?

dsc01507wp.jpg

Jump seats awaiting jumping to a different limo.

dsc01504m.jpg

Better angle to catch discrepancy? This '62 has '60 fins from the factory! Bizarre. Chalk up another oddball coach.

dsc01515t.jpg

'40-ish Meteor was converted to a grain truck back in the day, complete with modified cab and a sliding back window. Not much to say about this one - 'cept it had very nice doors. If I had one of these coaches, I'd buy them to have around as back ups.

dsc01518h.jpg

Another Meteor of the same vintage. Not easy to differentiate ID details when parts are missing. Advantageous restoration project but possible.

dsc01517t.jpg

Sun wasn't cooperating.

dsc01520q.jpg

For those that noticed my shots aren't as angled, I've switched to a 25mm lens with a 16:9 size ratio (like a widescreen TV). Huge difference in proximity to cars.

dsc01525rt.jpg

'55 limo donor. I neglected taking more shots after being sidetracked. Whoops.

dsc01522iq.jpg

As already spotted in the panorama~ 1st one I've come across in the wild.

dsc01523j.jpg

Grill/headlights are gone. Back door glass broken. Still, it isn't rotted and deserved of a restoration. Upon initially laying eyes, it looks really rough. Almost bought the landaus before really looking at savable feasibility...

dsc01524t.jpg

Interior is pretty intact, albeit storage for other car parts.

I did end up acquiring an unknown set of '60s rollers and interior rear compartment side panels, complete with cast palms.

dsc01494s.jpg

'57 S&S has more issues than an emo hipster well into adulthood that never went through counseling. She can still feel good in all the right places.

dsc01495s.jpg

Floors are MIA in their entirety. Still, this is an exceptional parts vehicle. *The back bumper is no longer available.*

dsc01503z.jpg

Rot in odd places, like the roof. Yet quarters and doors are above average.

dsc01502k.jpg

Good corner glass and stainless bits abound. I actually own a (spare) titled '57 Superior with a really nice front clip and a good frame. (The front half is all that is left - having been converted to a camper back in the day before the rear was subsequently scrapped when aluminum went up.) Squinting, I can almost see them mated to put this S&S back on the road... Not by my hand however. Other projects are already lined up.

dsc01540l.jpg

Good bumper ends are always things of beauty.

dsc01541x.jpg

'67 is an old funeral coach. Largely original and unmolested with only 64k miles clocked.

dsc01538o.jpg

Cheap window tint really kills the overall look. See that minute amount of rust along the bottom edge of the quarter? Other side has less - and combined comprises all there is.

dsc01539z.jpg

Runs and drives. Brakes are soft. After paint, this limo needs little other than detailing. For that reason it would make for a very good entry level procar given a $3500 asking price.

dsc01551zc.jpg

Why hello stately '40!

dsc01555p.jpg

Original, intact, unmolested. Purchased from the original owner's family. Mileage is low too although I neglected to shoot the odometer and have forgotten specifics.

dsc01556l.jpg

Body is VERY straight and rust free. Front (flat) floors have a couple holes and that is all I found.

dsc01553c.jpg

Huge Series 75...sedan? Note lack of jump seats. This was "just a large family car" according to the current owner, who is still friends with the original owner's family.

dsc01557p.jpg

dsc01550a.jpg

Dents shown here in hood and fender are the result of something falling on the coach. It has never been hit or repaired and has lead a pretty good life. This one will make for a relatively easy, straightforward restoration. Asking price on it is $6500.

dsc01559o.jpg

Large storage capacity in divider.

dsc01560i.jpg

So much more non-procar here that I'll upload a highlighted taste later. Really was a fun filled day browsing.

Huge Series 75...sedan? Note lack of jump seats. This was "just a large family car" according to the current owner, who is still friends with the original owner's family.

She's a 72; the 75s had standard fender-mounted taillights. The 67s, with the same body, didn't come out until the '41 model year.

*ahem*

Correction: '61-'62 Series 75 limos all used '60 fins. My normally detail oriented nature and attention span turns to that of a gnat on vehicles out of my roundhouse. :pelt3:

Waiting in the wings:

dsc01562j.jpg

dsc01567r.jpg

The need for eye candy:

dsc01572s.jpg

Note verrrrrry rare Kidillac on table.

dsc01578u.jpg

Original dealer sign. Given the materials used and way it was made, it is early post war.

dsc01598ck.jpg

Original working dealer clock. I've restored enough neon clocks over the years to know this one is from the mid-to-late '30s.

dsc01583o.jpg

Incredible original survivor! Came out of an estate in IL with no surviving benefactors. Couple front seat panels were recently reupholstered. That's it! Great blending job. Pampered and low mileage since new.

dsc01580li.jpg

And since it is getting tough to provide guessing games, try this:

dsc01601cr.jpg

Hint: Only Cadillac are shown in this collection.

Correction: '61-'62 Series 75 limos all used '60 fins. My normally detail oriented nature and attention span turns to that of a gnat on vehicles out of my roundhouse.

61-62 CC also used the 60 Fin. The fender skirts on 61-63 will only interchange from a CC or Limo not 100% sure on skirts on a 64. Also The tail fin lens on a 63 CC and Limo are different height then a regular passenger car. 64 to 73 all use a stock fin lens and taillight lens.

Back