Rare Cadillac Executive Limo

Keith Snyder

PCS Member
This is not mine but, is something I think members should be aware of. Here's a rare 1950 Cadillac Fleetwood short wheelbase limousine is said to have originally been custom built for GM chairman of the time, Alfred Bradley. It's not said how many were built, but it sounds as if Harley Earl and other high-ranking executives were given similar cars--there sure weren't more than a handful, and few remain today. This particular example is claimed to have been built at the GM Tech Center, and started life as a standard Fleetwood Sixty Special Sedan. It's running and looks to be largely complete, but is in need of total restoration. This should be saved....by someone. Take a look:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231127651832

I don't think that there is any question that it will be saved, given the starting price(with reserve). Looks Durham built to me.

If it was a Derham it would likely have a tiny script Derham nameplate on it, usually on the bottom of the from fender just forward of the door. Derham did do a fair number of Fleetwood 75 formal conversions, though. But GM Styling also did some in-house.

Back