1968 Superior Crown Royal Combo Limousine Style

Looks like a nice start to a crown if someone was looking for one.

Needs the landau bars switched to the other sides.

Strange how the two front fenders have the same dents.

Hope it gets restored. Way to nice for parts but there is a lot of money in parts on that car.

Darren

It really needs the landau panels just left off. I LOVE the look of a limousine style Crown! Love the blue as well on this one.

some time you forget when you backing up just how wide the font end swings. you would think after the first one you would learn to watch the garage door. the nice part is it's back enough to save all the front end pieces

A noteworthy car

Hope somebody who can give this car a proper restoration gets ahold of it.

Seeing these photos makes me appreciate our last year's barn find, a '67 Crown limousine combination with suicide doors and original Minnesota history, even more.

I think the dents on the front fenders are from turning a corner on a trailer but that is just my thinkin:my2cents:

Or maybe the giant playing cars with it picked it up by the nose a bit too enthusiastically :D. This one would be a real looker if properly restored. Dark blue combos seem kind of rare (which is why I picked it for my '75.) I looked at a very similar one several years back. Originally white, it had the same interior but a cheaply done dark blue paint job (seems there was even a layer of green between the white and blue, lots of overspray, etc.) and was pretty far gone. It didn't have landau panels. I agree w/ Kurt and like the open look, too but landau panels are neat. The Cadillac styling differences between '67 and '68 are interesting-the subtle difference in body lines and those beautiful '68 cornering lamp lenses (CRUNCH on that left one). I was surprised to see considerable differences in Superior's interior treatment compared w/ a '67 Crown. I don't mean to be critical, but the '68 interior seemed to be evidence of the "decontenting" that was underway by the late 60s. My '65 Superior has much more interior detail than my later cars, and just take a look at older models like Rocky's '58, which make a '65 look mundane! There's much more of that fake wood vinyl applique on the '68, and most of it was peeling on the car I saw like this one. That stuff should be pretty easy to replace, compared with some other interior parts, however. Another interesting thing about the one I saw-it still had the round exterior mirrors! I figured it was an early production model and Superior was just using up the old stock. I can remember as a little kid thinking how modern those rectangular mirrors were when they appeared in '68! Don't know how long this one's been listed but no bidders yet and no reserve. Of course even "free to good home" would require the right person to do this car up right. We've certainly all seen nice cars come from far worse starting material. Thank goodness my garage is full :eek:.

Back