'37 & '40 Siebert(?) Fords - 6/26-30 auction IA

Disseminating more coaches long off radar you're likely unaware of. After conversing with Tom McPherson, first is '37 Ford, Siebert remaining most viable coach builder option (although AJ Miller remains possibility). Second is '40 Siebert Ford.

Magnitude of this sale appears incredible. Makes for two blockbuster auctions this summer within a few week period. Not much info on site yet, nor mention of these two coaches, nor if more will be present.

http://www.sullivanauctioneers.com/auction/huge-collector-car-antique-tractor-collection-2/

Attachments

• 12DSC_0086-1.jpg
    12DSC_0086-1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 38IMG_1417.jpg
    38IMG_1417.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 422
That '37 is absolutely awesome! Love the fender skirts!

I probably would have opted for some color other than "re-sale red", but it looks done............ and there's a lot to be said for that! Etched/cut quarter glass would really finish it off.

Maybe a '37 Resto Mod?

I'm not versed on that coachbuilder but, memory has it, from reading about another one I looked at, the spats & unique rear bumper were a feature Siebert borrowed from the '37 Ford Sedan Delivery. The dual exhaust are quite probably aftermarket on the standard Flathead 60 hp. or, most likely it by now, a 221 cid/85 hp Flathead needed to carry the weight (or suspect a transplanted Chevy, etc-though no details are avail. yet ). These are getting too expensive to repaint but, agreed- it could do with any other 'year-correct' color (Vineyard Green, Washington Blue or Gull Gray) and w/o the tinted windows. Still a very nice ride. Thnx for posting.

Back