ambulance flooring?

Dan Brintlinger

PCS Member
Does anyone have the manufacturer name, color, code #, etc., of that vinyl flooring with the various sized square/rectagular pattern? It was very popular in M/M ambulance units in the 60s and 70s, also some Superiors had it?

Does anyone remember? Thank you!!

If you mean this, it's Armstrong Colonial Classic, #89242.

It has been out of production for some time. Good luck finding it. (I found half a roll - enough to redo my M-M - in a flooring company warehouse in a dark, back corner. That's probably the only solution. Be patient and persistant.)

Attachments

• ArmstrongColonialClassic89242.jpg
    ArmstrongColonialClassic89242.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 393
This hasn't been available for many years. They just haven't updated the website.

A year or so ago, my inlaw's house was sold and they had this material for the whole kitchen floor, it was about 30 x 30. I knew about it and went back to ask the folks there to let me know it they were considering remodelling the kitchen but sadly they did not call and replaced it all with ceramics....

I am sorry...my thoughts were good at least.

Dave

there is some of this around. mike knew a man that has a supply it as close as I have found.

Attachments

• dsc05088_0017.jpg
    dsc05088_0017.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 315
Flooring

Does anyone have the manufacturer name, color, code #, etc., of that vinyl flooring with the various sized square/rectagular pattern? It was very popular in M/M ambulance units in the 60s and 70s, also some Superiors had it?

Does anyone remember? Thank you!!
Dan, I found a cache of some old linoleum and vinyl a year ago. Ed was happy with two selections that he purchased out of the linoleum group. One for Virgil's 58 and I believe one selection for Ed's Pontiac. I made a DVD at the time of the choices and Paul spoke up to be first in line to view the selection available. I entrusted that the DVD would get passed around to any member of the club that wished to try and find a suitable choice for their projects. If you wish to see the selection get in touch with Paul and find out where the DVD currently is if you are interested.

Your local Habitat For Humanity Restore is also a good place to watch for old stock vinyl flooring. I hit those places every chance I get.

It may be on line but it doesn't exist in reality

I've found a few sites featuring the colonial classic. I've e-mailed and called - and been told that page was created a long time ago and they just don't update their websites. I even called Armstrong.

What if we call all together during a month? maybe they will re-produce it? Just kidding but to be honest flooring fashion is on dark brown or light grey these days.. some of their "rocks" patterns are not so bad but all in beige shade. That's what I used.

Attachments

• 1286.jpg
    1286.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 148
You are going to cringe but my late aunt had her kitchen floor AND countertops and back splashes covered in that very pattern. Probably about 1967-68.

And before you ask,it's all gone. The house was completely gutted and redone. I looked online as it was up for sale about five years ago and the whole floorplan has been changed. In fact, if I had been blindfolded and taken inside I would not recognize it from the inside.

Back