Finally!!!

Hello, all...

I titled this post "Finally!!!" for two reasons. Firstly, I am delighted that I finally have some time to visit this site again. Work has been rewarding but chaotic and hectic, and I am delighted to be back. I have missed you.

Secondly, I am proud to announce that my 1968 Superior Rescuer 48 ambulance, Annabelle, is FINALLY in the bodyshop for her final bodywork and paint. She should be done on Sept. 10th, just in time for me to join fellow PCS members Bill Leverett, Cliff Bergum, Steve Williams, Fraser Field and many other owners of vintage ambulances, fire trucks and police vehicles in a full "Light And Sound" parade to the Peace Arch border crossing next Sunday to commemorate the 10th anniversary of 9/11. I'll be sure to post some pictures, as I'm sure Cliff and Bill will as well.

In the meantime, I'll post the "before" pictures of Annabelle as soon as I can. Just need to renew my website membership.

Best regards to all.

294726_10150423039173272_633878271_10767224_411895_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...0423040343272_633878271_10767233_821611_n.jpg

Glad to see you're back Doug. I'm still not sure if I'll make it over or not due to other family committments.

So what's the new paint going to look like? Steve W. sent me a photoshop "concept" that I'm sure is your car. Not sure where he found it.

Should have better pics soon, but here's one of Annabelle with her new paint, participating in the Memorial Parade on Sept. 11, 2011

319925_10150448755863272_633878271_10936041_1358043830_n.jpg

Glad to see you're back Doug. I'm still not sure if I'll make it over or not due to other family committments.

So what's the new paint going to look like? Steve W. sent me a photoshop "concept" that I'm sure is your car. Not sure where he found it.

Bill, we're sticking with plain Wimbledon White for now, so that it can be modified with vinyl decals or magnetics for film work. I was going to do the Metropolitan Ambulance black/white like yours, but that reduces the options for film.

That concept you got from Steve was for a film booking that fell through. I never saw it myself. If you have a chance to forward it, I'll be grateful.

Looks like she's getting ready to do a nose stand in that picture due to a hard stop!

Right you are, Jeremy. I was in a long procession of emergency vehicles, old and new. and a motorcycle cut in right in front of me at about 50 mph. Took about 10,000 miles off my brakes! By good fortune, a friend of mine was on hand at the side of the highway right when it happened and got the photo.

BTW, a certain motorcyclist got an a**-chewing over my good old Federal Dispatcher PA system!

Looking really good Doug! Can't wait to see it in person. I'm over there next week for the Paramedic Convention...I'll give you a call.

We had three 1971 Superior 54s that were cotillion white along with a fleet of 10 Superior Combinations the same color. An impressive fleet !!!

Back