1982 Cadillac Flower Car W Hydraulic Deck

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I am helping a friend sell this car. It is a good looker and a strong running car. It is a really unique car that has lots of potential. You hardly ever see these flower cars of this vintage with a rear opening door and the flower deck that raises and lowers. Nice stainless and chrome and clean underneath. The body should be resprayed and minor rust repair should be done. AC does not seem cold, but it was 40 degrees when I tried it and the power antena does not work. Carpet is discolored and sun visors need to be redone. But, in spite of the flaws, this car will make it's new owner proud.

The asking price is $9,500, but it is very negotiable. Owner is motivated to sell!

I took lots of pictures that I can email upon request. Please call me at 201 954 3159, or send PM with questions.

Some Pics:)

Attachments

• 1982 Flower Car 035.jpg
    1982 Flower Car 035.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 259
  • 1982 Flower Car 038.jpg
    1982 Flower Car 038.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 1982 Flower Car 040.jpg
    1982 Flower Car 040.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 261
  • 1982 Flower Car 076.jpg
    1982 Flower Car 076.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 247
I figured it was a conversion, I guess I should have wrote it as such. Is there a conversion company tag?

I guess these flower car conversions were done in body shops, custom shops and the like. There were so few of these done, I guess they had not even thought about nameplates for the conversion companies. Probably done by an obscure, or even unknown craftsman. No matter who the conversion was done by, this is a nicely done conversion, at least in my opinion.

I guess these flower car conversions were done in body shops, custom shops and the like. There were so few of these done, I guess they had not even thought about nameplates for the conversion companies. Probably done by an obscure, or even unknown craftsman. No matter who the conversion was done by, this is a nicely done conversion, at least in my opinion.

I agree many of these were built by small builders and local shops, I just was curious to find out who built it because it is a good looking conversion and the way it was built I didn't recognize as any "brand".
No worries, thanks for looking for a tag. I hope it finds a good home.

Unfortunately, it is going to have the cursed 4100 engine in it! What a dog!

Ive said it many times before, and I will say it again, I have never had an issue with these engines either in the RWD or FWD cars. Yes, a little underpowered in the RWD hearses, but still fine. After all they are not meant to be race cars. That engine in the FWD has plenty of power. My 82 Eureka that had it had well over 200,000 when I scrapped it. It still ran like new but the body was shot (the only reason I junked it. My 85 Superior FWD is just shy of 187,000 and still runs and drives like new, no issues in the 114,000 miles I have put on it since I got it.

Ive said it many times before, and I will say it again, I have never had an issue with these engines either in the RWD or FWD cars. Yes, a little underpowered in the RWD hearses, but still fine. After all they are not meant to be race cars. That engine in the FWD has plenty of power. My 82 Eureka that had it had well over 200,000 when I scrapped it. It still ran like new but the body was shot (the only reason I junked it. My 85 Superior FWD is just shy of 187,000 and still runs and drives like new, no issues in the 114,000 miles I have put on it since I got it.

Thanks John, I have had good experiences with these engines too!

Back