better to know

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
with that though in mind we took the 58 Eureka combination out to get it weighed. so what is the guess one with it two dogs, the gurney, spare tire, a few odds and ends parts and half a tank of gas weigh?

then as long as we were up there we swing past both my fathers graves,grandmothers also. then up to the VA. it was to crowded up front so we went back to the only conservatory left in the VA system. in the good old days they started all the vegetables and flowers here. they had a large truck garden and apple orchard at the VA the pt tended them and the excess was sold off down town.

Attachments

• IMG_3646.jpg
    IMG_3646.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_3647.jpg
    IMG_3647.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_3649.jpg
    IMG_3649.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 381
  • b_144939.jpg
    b_144939.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 395
will no wild guesses. but then man that owns one close to it wins the closes guess. had it been empty it would have been close to Richard's figure. this combo weighs in at a grand over my 72 Oldsmobile high top.

Attachments

• IMG_3648.jpg
    IMG_3648.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 302
We will get down to Hot Springs if nothing else we will at least do a lap up to the oldest VA Hospital in the system. It will be a hr drive from the host hotel. The us government spent over a million dollars last year making repairs on this bulding. So we should at least get a look at were our tax dollars are being spent. Right now it is a unused structure. I

Last edited:
Okay, since this is a discussion regarding weight, does anyone know what a 1940 Packard Henney might weigh? (three way and level-draulic). I need to get an exhaust system put on it and the restoration shop want's to know if it will fit on their 7,000 lb two post lift. It seems like it would be a bit precarious on a two post lift. I may take it to a muffler shop with a four post lift. Any thoughts.

Thanks,

John Forkner

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1934.jpg
    IMG_1934.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 102

Okay, since this is a discussion regarding weight, does anyone know what a 1940 Packard Henney might weigh? (three way and level-draulic). I need to get an exhaust system put on it and the restoration shop want's to know if it will fit on their 7,000 lb two post lift. It seems like it would be a bit precarious on a two post lift. I may take it to a muffler shop with a four post lift. Any thoughts.

Thanks,

John Forkner

There is no way I would put that on a two post lift ,to much to lose if it is not put up just right. :my2cents:

The only way to know is to weigh it. One of the heavy duty two post should be OK. I have had this eureka up on one. But I would guess it at around the 3 ton figure

you have been here we have a two post not the lift for long wheel base vehicles.Its hard on the vehicle too much hanging out on each end twists the whole vehicle.The weight is pushing it the way most two posts are mounted to the floor a weight shift could topple the whole thing.Basic laws of physics apply here.Take a look at the size of the bolts holding most two posts. Big difference between a Henney Packard and a Honda Accord.

Big difference in one designed to lift 5000 and one designed to do 9000 . Also I watched a man but this 67 up on a light one to do a oil change it was not anything I wanted to crawl under. But the other shop I was referring to has a heavy duty two post that is nice.

Back