Name that hearse

The pitcher for the Florida Marlins died in a boating accident and was laid to rest using this hearse. A hearse with a sun roof...

Attachments

• f22.jpg
    f22.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 402
  • f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 400
Noah's correct that is indeed an Eagle Echelon. You gotta love that inane "moon roof" above the casket compartment. I'm sure people are just dying to get a ride back there to preview where they are hopefully headed. From my perspective, that thing is just plain silly.

Noah's correct that is indeed an Eagle Echelon. You gotta love that inane "moon roof" above the casket compartment. I'm sure people are just dying to get a ride back there to preview where they are hopefully headed. From my perspective, that thing is just plain silly.

about as silly as a removeable roof panel that leaks above the drivers compartment

I often wondered why the coach builder never made a see through rear door so the family could view the casket on the way to the cemetery while they followed the hearse? Might sound a bit strange but it would make more sense than a overhead clear panel.

It allows more light in to make the casket and flowers more visible to the family and eliminate some of the gloom often associated with the back of the coach.

I can understand it, but only on a limousine style coach as in this case. As Owen stated, it allows light to shine on the casket and flowers. Nice effect on a sunny day. It would be totally useless on a landau.

Back