JUST BOUGHT A 1957 EUREKA Looking

Nice coach. Put some whitewalls on that thing...;)

Not sure if you meant this for me or for our new member, but....

Yes, Yes, I know...life keeps getting in the way...It is on the list of things to do.
I will be purchasing 4, 890-15s in Jan or Feb...that is the goal. I heard that some folks had luck with radials, so I tried a set few months ago...I was not happy with the way the vehicle sat. It did not look right, so I returned the tires...(an arrangement that I made with the tire guy before hand)...I did make the progress having the wheels sandblasted and painted though.

I sent some pics to Dusty this morning he said he will post them. Yes I do need tires I think I will go black wall 235/75/15 michlen

Pictures, as I said I would post for him.

Attachments

• 1957 hearse 001.jpg
    1957 hearse 001.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 1957 hearse 002.jpg
    1957 hearse 002.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 1957 hearse 003.jpg
    1957 hearse 003.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 1957 hearse 004.jpg
    1957 hearse 004.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 1957 hearse 007.jpg
    1957 hearse 007.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 148
  • 1957 hearse 011.jpg
    1957 hearse 011.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 1957 hearse 016.jpg
    1957 hearse 016.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 148
AWESOME!!!!!! A lot of work, but a lot of potential. :applause:

From what I can see, the body looks solid. Do you know where the vehicle was used?

(Thanks Paul)

There were a couple of pics not shown in Paul's post that I have put in the photos section up top.
Jon, how did you find this car.

Last edited:
Question,,,Does anyone here on this site own one of these,,, How many were made,,,, I cant seem to find any books or info on this car, is there any out there, I think if someone on this site has one of these they could help with parts, books, info

Eureka was an different company. They carried threw out there line a lot of the same things. you get the interior out of this one you will be surprised how much wood is in it.there construction method was simple and stout. I,m betting each of your doors will close with ease. The pillar for the center doors is the strong point the rest of the car is built on.

Question,,,Does anyone here on this site own one of these,,, How many were made,,,, I cant seem to find any books or info on this car, is there any out there, I think if someone on this site has one of these they could help with parts, books, info

Tom McPherson wrote a few books including a Eureka book.
I have a 57 Eureka, but I am no expert. There are folks on this site who are very knowlegeable and would gladly answer any questions you may have...Just ask.
I have an original and intact 57; I would be willing to take HD photos of any portion of the vehicle that you may need to see.
E-Mail me if you would like any pics. Also, if you post your VIN, the knowledgeable folks I spoke of, could decode it for you.
I noticed that your opera lights / coach lights are not mounted; are they missing? If so, I have been considering having mine reproduced...I do not know anyone who can do it, but I would be willing to research someone in my area to get it done.

Attachments

• 57 Eureka.jpg
    57 Eureka.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 142
Channing I would definatly be interested in those opera lights, let me know if you have some for sale,,,what about side bars

I do not have any opera lights for sale, but I would consider having my replicated for you...I will look into it. The landau bars come up on E-Bay / Craigslist occasionally.

Thew is a man some were close in the springs I think that does that casting. He is trying to cast up a tailight for me. I can most likely get you his number if you need it.

Back