1952 Barnette Chevy Ambulance Runs, Drives, Needs Resto $7500

Bit of a mess.

Going to need a lot of work and some of the parts will be hard to find. Interesting that it has the 6 cylinder motor rather than the 8. interesting that the Barnette badging still remains though.

I'm with Ed. I'm glad I got my '53 when I did and at the price I did. Not sure the seller really expects to attain that figure.

Seller is crazy! I can still fix you up with a Barnette Pontiac in better condition( also in Nebraska) for $2500 or less!

Last edited:
When I was a kid my mother was vice president of a residental school for handicapped and special needs kids. This was a big bucks place and the school fleet consisted of Buick Roadmasters and Limiteds. The newest of which was a 1941 and they so loved the cars they stayed till 1949 when the first replacement was a 49 Chevrolet wagon replacing a 37 Roadmaster. Anyway 1950 called for a 40 Limited to be replaced by get ready a 1950 Chevrolet eight door airporter with Powerglide a fastback no less. The thing was so under powered the steep hill near the school could only be pulled in LOW. It was so bad they did not buy another new car they kept the remaining Buicks going till 1952. Point of all this is Eds got a speed demon compared to that National Chevrolet. There is a good reason most ambulances in that era were Cadillacs or Packards at least Eds Pontiac can run close.

Going to need a lot of work and some of the parts will be hard to find. Interesting that it has the 6 cylinder motor rather than the 8. interesting that the Barnette badging still remains though.

I'm with Ed. I'm glad I got my '53 when I did and at the price I did. Not sure the seller really expects to attain that figure.

Bill, the 8 cylinder Chevy debuted in 1955, in 1952, the 6 was all you could get.

Are you really looking to do a full restoration Bill?

On the right car, possibly. I have seen you post about this Pontiac before and I would like to know more. I am interested, because I like those older cars, they are just very appealing to us, that is all.

On the right car, possibly. I have seen you post about this Pontiac before and I would like to know more. I am interested, because I like those older cars, they are just very appealing to us, that is all.

It is at Watt's Salvage in Wymore, MO. Louie would love to fix you up!

Don't remember a flat head v8 in a pon might have been a Canadian thing. 54 was the start of the ohv engines down here.

It's not a V8 and the car is an American Pontiac. Numbers matching so I know it's original. I don't think that Barnette would use a Canadian Pontiac but I could be wrong.

I do, but on my old desk top computer that I have not had access to for most of this year as it won't turn on. I said Wymore, MO in my previous post. It is Wymore, NE. You can contact Louie Watts directly at 402.645.8066

Ok my mistake don't know were my head was on that. Stright 8 flat head in pontiac was the option engine for a long time. Mine is one. I read flat head and the ford V8 poped in my head and never left till this morning. And i have seen Bills car. Oh will you know how those stright cut transmissions are some sometimes you flat miss a gear. This was one of mine.

Pontiacs slogan in the 40s was "An eight is only $25.00 more" used in many of their ads. Both the 6 and 8 were available through 54. Pontiac and Packard clung to the flatheads in 54. Then in 55 both had V/8s with Rochester four barrells.

I do, but on my old desk top computer that I have not had access to for most of this year as it won't turn on. I said Wymore, MO in my previous post. It is Wymore, NE. You can contact Louie Watts directly at 402.645.8066

Spoke to Louie this morning, he said the Pontiac is gone.

His inventory is always changing! It amazes me as to what he still pulls in from southern NE and northern KS!

Back