Plexi Amb. Signs

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
Does anyone happen to know which mfr. might have offered these plexi panels?

Attachments

• Ambulance Signs.jpg
    Ambulance Signs.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 172
maybe I could help?

there is a sign shop here in Decatur, IL, that could probably produce just what you want............they even made magnetic signs for the flower car for us (since there isn't an easy way to do nameplates on a flower car) Dan B

I just had 4 made up

My Superior has one lit sign on the front. I bought a set of 4 trim pieces for these lights a long time ago. I took them to a local company (Glass Doctor) and told them I wanted four pieces cut for these frames and I wanted them to have a white translucent glass, like the originals did. If they weren't tinted, you could see the bulbs behind them. It took a few weeks, but I got them back and now I'm awaiting the vinyl graphics to be delivered. I had 4 signs made since I'm contemplating adding them to my '70. Now that they've done the job, I hope anyone else using them doesn't have to pay what I did.

Attachments

• 7A97B03F-739E-44F5-AD15-FAEF8B8C83A4.jpg
    7A97B03F-739E-44F5-AD15-FAEF8B8C83A4.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
The original signs were made using Plexiglass, and a stencil for the wording "AMBULANCE", or whatever the customer wanted, using translucent red (or other color specified by customer) paint on the back side of the Plexiglass. Once the contrasting color translucent paint dried, then the entire rear surface was sprayed with white translucent paint. I have a local paint shop that has done them in the past, however, he said that I would have to pay for the paint if I wanted them done again. Told me that the paint was expensive, and has a short shelf life, and that since the demand for this type of an item is small, he stopped doing them.

Y'all aren't pickin up what I'm puttin down!

I am wanting to know if anyone happens to know who(which ambulance builder) offered these specific plexiglass panels. I own them and I have never seen these panels before.

They belong in a 1962 C/B Chevrolet ambulance.. You have my address! thanks Paul

there is a sign shop here in Decatur, IL, that could probably produce just what you want............they even made magnetic signs for the flower car for us (since there isn't an easy way to do nameplates on a flower car) Dan B

I did this on the 96 , had the name plates made by a house company. We used some clamps that we just machined a flat in it for the sign to stop on.

Attachments

• DSC04247.jpg
    DSC04247.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC04249.jpg
    DSC04249.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 85
Y'all aren't pickin up what I'm puttin down!

I am wanting to know if anyone happens to know who(which ambulance builder) offered these specific plexiglass panels. I own them and I have never seen these panels before.

My guesses are, in order of probability:

1. Locally made
2. Custom job by Superior for a 1967-up car

Back