My Lifeliner is progressing.

That looks amazing Bill, great job. Tell your bodyman I have a room for him at an oceanfront hotel for a month so he can come down and paint my Lifeliner. :specool:

Black is done

The black lower was done on Friday. Hopefully the white goes on Monday and I get the car back on Wednesday or Thursday.

Attachments

• P1080732.jpg
    P1080732.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 263
  • P1080734.jpg
    P1080734.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 260
  • P1080731.jpg
    P1080731.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 259
Mmmm...that is going to look great Bill! You must be getting excited !
Do you happen to know what brand of paint your painter used ?
Cheers,Pat

I'm envious, since mine has been in the shop for almost 2 years now, and the final painting looks like it is going to be months away. Your car is going to be stunning in the black and white motife... A gold-leaf maple leaf on the front door would be an interesting touch...

Wow. You must have an amazing body man to spray your baby black. Can't wait to see it!

A, talent I never had the friend that did the paint on the 72 for me that Kevin now owns does. If you get a chance to see it is a beautiful job .

Attachments

• 364363143.jpg
    364363143.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 218
Almost done

Still needs some work in a few places but it looks a whole lot better than when I first got it. Some of the work is better than I expected and some of the work is less than I expected. Given my budget, the end result will be reasonable. It won't win any awards for "Best Body and Paint Work" but it'll look OK and I won't worry about rock chips and fingerprints that's for sure.

At the end of the day when the trim and emergency gear is back on I will continue to enjoy the vehicle as a "working" ambulance from the 70's.

One of the quotes I initially received was over double what this cost and I'm sure the end result would be better (at least I hope it would be). I still need to have some $ left for graphics, seat rebuilding, and misc. upholstery work.

Attachments

• P1080735.jpg
    P1080735.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 172
  • P1080736.jpg
    P1080736.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 171
  • P1080737.jpg
    P1080737.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 175
come on Bill don't be so hard on your self it's a ambulance and I'm betting it's a lot better then MM turned it out. they did not worry about anything on them. black and white one can go back and do a panel again if it's a little rougher then you can live with. she will be a serviceable car one you can drive around in. I did the same on my 72. thanks for taking the step to a different paint scheme. the black and white will be sharp with the trim on. money don't always buy quility some times it's used to send you down the road.

come on Bill don't be so hard on your self it's a ambulance and I'm betting it's a lot better then MM turned it out. they did not worry about anything on them. black and white one can go back and do a panel again if it's a little rougher then you can live with. she will be a serviceable car one you can drive around in. I did the same on my 72. thanks for taking the step to a different paint scheme. the black and white will be sharp with the trim on. money don't always buy quility some times it's used to send you down the road.

Got to agree Bill. I'm very disappointed with my Lifeliner and the trouble with the paint and body and I keep hearing, "Just enjoy it". I have also been told that I'm just too cheap to do it right but I don't listen to that guy.

As much as we would like to think our Pro-Cars are so special, and they are too us, on the collector car market they are not seen that way.

Enjoy the car....

Sweet!

Apparently I need to visit this site more often.. Wow Bill! It's going to look great once all the "pieces" are put back on her. The "Metropolitan" graphics will pull it all together. I'm very envious!! I'm really looking forward to hearing that 77 on your Caddy!

2 metro cars..

P.S. There are going to be two "Metro cars" in the area now. Doug House is painting his 1968 Higtop Pontiac in the same colour scheme as your M&M Bill. Thankfully he is on the mainland!

Ta dah!

So here is the somewhat finished product. Still lots to do such as:

- Installing new weather stripping (this week)
- Finding some type of trim clip to attach the stainless trim below the rear windows
- Getting the double tone siren mounted between the tunnel lights (when I get the proper mount)
- Getting the graphics handpainted on the doors (found someone to do that in a neighboring town - he also does boats)
- Reinstalling the stainless rocker trim (after rebuilding one side)
- Reinstalling the "Cadillac" script (still needs clean up from previous oversprays)
- Rebuilding the front seat
- Rebuilding/installing various above/rear door panels
- Some misc. mechanical such as heater controls/washer pump
- Stocking with period correct equipment (I have most of it)
- Getting the wife to make curtains for it
- Start attending some car shows! (first one July 10 - Victoria Cadillac Club Annual Show)

Will always be a work in progress but that's the joy of it all.

Attachments

• P1090789.jpg
    P1090789.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 171
  • P1090791.jpg
    P1090791.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 169
  • P1090793.jpg
    P1090793.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 167
Wow, Bill...your Lifeliner is looking very nice! You have chosen a unique paint scheme, which compliments some of the other unique features about the rig, such as the side roof signs. Looking foward to seeing what you have done in the way of graphics for the doors.

For a second there, I was worried that the sentence that began with "Getting the wife to..." was going to end with "...ride in it!" If your wife is anything like mine, that won't be a problem. :angel:

Seeing this makes me want to go out to the garage to work on a Lifeliner!

Back