1962 superior rehab

Rocky Fluegge

PCS Member
I have a guy by me that I have do some of my wrenching when either I do not want to or can. So as I have been working on my 58 I decided to have him start on the 62. So the first step was giving the motor a serious tune up and replace the really bad leaking valve covers gaskets.

I got it back tonight she runs great now. So next is to address the brakes and trans service. Parts are on order.

Attachments

• IMG_20140503_143917870.jpg
    IMG_20140503_143917870.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_20140503_141923073.jpg
    IMG_20140503_141923073.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 351
Rocky

Way to go !

Getting that '62 up to par mechanically is a great start !

Can't wait to see it painted !!!

Woooohooooo,
Darren

Anxious to see it....

It's a beautiful car in the first place and will be awesome in the second place.
Looking forward!

Love the short skeg moldings and the uniqueness of NOT having landau bars. Please DON"T put landau bars on it and keep it it's original color!!

Love the short skeg moldings (snip)

x2! Any '61-'62 with full length skegs that are bolted (not welded) should automatically be shortened to length seen on Rocky's coach as both versions were offered originally (by Superior and Eureka at minimum). Not only do coaches look far better with short skegs but the vast majority of the time, stainless skeg trim is boogered up. Even smallest flaws become readily apparent when skegs are long.

Doing some burn outs on the slab behind the car?:thumbsup:

There is always some burn outs being done on the slab out back. Its funny I have people pull into my drive way, and they drive to the back do a burn out then get out of their car. Or before they leave they drive over do a burn out then drive away. Always brings a big smile to my face.:D

Love the short skeg moldings and the uniqueness of NOT having landau bars. Please DON"T put landau bars on it and keep it it's original color!!

Kurt man I cannot do it.... I do not like both of those aspect's of the car on that. Sorry but both of those will be changed. I know john's with you on the bars also.

x2! Any '61-'62 with full length skegs that are bolted (not welded) should automatically be shortened to length seen on Rocky's coach as both versions were offered originally (by Superior and Eureka at minimum). Not only do coaches look far better with short skegs but the vast majority of the time, stainless skeg trim is boogered up. Even smallest flaws become readily apparent when skegs are long.

So are you saying the full length skegs are bolted on the doors also not welded and part of the skins on the cars? I always thought it was interesting the the short part was a bolt on pieces. On a second note of needs, I do need to get stainless pieces for them. I straighten stainless but mine have some really messed up pieces from body damage. That leads into another question the pass wheel well stainless is bad. Is that piece the same and a regular cad or is that a commercial car only?

Im going to throw out one more question here also, hope I did not screw up on this order I did already, but here it is.

I ordered stainless brake lines for this car. I know that they used 59-60 commercial chassis due to cowl and stuff. Was I correct at ordering lines for a 59 and not a 62-64 body?

Here is a photo of one of my '62s with the full length skeg for comparison.

Gregg M. took this photo in WI in 2013.

Darren

Attachments

• M-M 1962 D.Bedford arrives Leon's 2013.jpg
    M-M 1962 D.Bedford arrives Leon's 2013.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 159
Brakes

I ordered stainless brake lines for this car. I know that they used 59-60 commercial chassis due to cowl and stuff. Was I correct at ordering lines for a 59 and not a 62-64 body?

59 is a single line master cylinder and 62 is the first year for the dual line master cylinder . Might also be different size lines to the wheel cylinders?

So are you saying the full length skegs are bolted on the doors also not welded and part of the skins on the cars?

Fender and door skegs were bolted on by Superior and Eureka. MM welded them as part of skins. Can't answer S&S although I believe they were also welded. Regardless of coach builder, quarter skegs were welded.

Kurt man I cannot do it.... I do not like both of those aspect's of the car on that. Sorry but both of those will be changed. I know john's with you on the bars also.

I prefer the long skegs, but either way is good. I still think that landau bars need to stay off. This was a rare one, and putting them on would just make it look like every other coach, nothing to make it really stand out from the crowd. I would keep the original color too.

Back