Fraudulent Email???

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I am assuming that an email I received yesterday, might be fraudulent, or contain a virus, but I am not certain. Obviously, I have not opened it yet. It is from a PCS member and the subject reads "For Bill" and the email contains a link. I have sent a PM to the PCS member, but he has not yet responded. Be careful!

Best thing is ANY email even sent to your name with only a link or some line like " you will like this" DO NOT OPEN. I have been hacked twice in the past three months had to change passwords etc. Friends got all kinds of ads as a result. Best thing is do what Bill did send an email to the sender BUT use the address you have do not use reply to the one you got.

Me, I just delete them, you never know where this site picked up your address from. uasly the name they attached to it knows nothing about it and sending it back to them only increases your chance of getting it again with a different name .

But this last bug that went around over the weekend still has me locked out of places on my PC. I know it's my PC because it would tell me the website could not load and I could go to the kindle and log right in. my mistake was fighting it and not just letting it die on its own. from what other peopel are saying it lasted about 3 days.

Do not open them, just delete and also delete from your trash bib just in case you forget and inadvertently open them.

Do not reply directly as this just confirms a valid email address.

Sending an email via a known and trusted email address to the supposed sender asking time if they sent something is a good idea because they may have a virus unbeknownst to them.

I have also gotten these. Recently "supposedly" from a PCS member that I have fairly frequent contact with. The address looked legit, but knowing this guy, the heading just was not right. I deleted it, and emailed my friend. As suspected he did not send it.
It would be nice if people put their talents into something productive instead of trying to screw others.
Just to let everyone know if its from me, there will always have a subject line saying hearse, pro car, pcs, or something related to these cars in some way. If not, its not from me.

virus

spent the last two days trying to find were we picked one up. but I keep my banking on my laptop only so no theft of money but a lot of geek squad time. it aint cheap but they fixed everything. I open nothing. not even from friends as it might not be...they did a test charge on American exspress but caught it all in time. I was lucky. I suspect a customer at the car lot hacked in someway.

Well, as I suspected, my email was not sent by a PCS member. It is really a shame that some people have nothing better to do, isn't it?

Back