time warp teaser

Picture from the Crestline coach website, Is that considered "chartreuse" or "Fire Department Safety Lime Yellow" ? Just can't judge by the quality of the picture of the Caddy...

Attachments

• fleetmax-quebec-exterior-09.jpg
    fleetmax-quebec-exterior-09.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 710
I would gladly oblige you Kerry however, per the terms of service we cannot do this. I like my "privilege" of being allowed on this site and will not violate it's terms :thumbsup:

T. O. S. Section

IMPROPER REDIRECTING

Defined as posting comments or links, whose purpose is to drive traffic to another professional car website without specific permission of the Website Administration Committee of the Friends of the Professional Car Society is prohibited.

Lastly, I wish people would not share pictures or "stills" from my Facebook. Just so it is known, I bought all 4 coaches. I am not just simply hauling them. I was waiting to put pictures up here once they were home and a little cleaner.

Thanks for the explanation Darryl.

I guess I'm mistaken when I figured that this club is all about the preservation and restoration of Professional Cars. I would love to see the other photos of these cars being retrieved on the site "elsewhere" that Attila has mentioned in his original post. I see that thirty people have thanked him. They must have found the site. I still haven't. I'll keep digging.
Too bad it's come down to this. Not an improvement in my humble opinion.

...Lastly, I wish people would not share pictures or "stills" from my Facebook. Just so it is known, I bought all 4 coaches. I am not just simply hauling them. I was waiting to put pictures up here once they were home and a little cleaner.
Sorry Darryl. Won't happen again. They look pretty good already.

I thought so. We had one at our FD from 1974-1980. It was traded in in 1980. Not many 1974 Superior Hightops left, let alone in this area. Do you have any info on this particular one Darryl?

Bought new by James Earle in 1974 for the price of $21k. I will post the original order paperwork once I get a chance to scan it in.

The story is out!

The story of Earle Ambulance Service is coming to life. Pictures and history is coming together. This is for all the people that wanted to see what was there and how it was when found.

http://southeastpcs.com/#/earle/

Earlecar3WM_zps4b5ad0a0.jpg

Wow what a great read! Also, the Southeast Chapter's website is amazing!!! I did find one thing confusing in the story about the ambulance service though, they kept referring to it as providing ambulatory care. The word "ambulatory" means able to walk on your own. Am I correct in assuming it was primarily a non emergency transport type ambulance service?

Wow what a great read! Also, the Southeast Chapter's website is amazing!!! I did find one thing confusing in the story about the ambulance service though, they kept referring to it as providing ambulatory care. The word "ambulatory" means able to walk on your own. Am I correct in assuming it was primarily a non emergency transport type ambulance service?

It was both, they did simple transports as well as emergency response for the local municipality.

The story of Earle Ambulance Service is coming to life. Pictures and history is coming together. This is for all the people that wanted to see what was there and how it was when found.

http://southeastpcs.com/#/earle/

Earlecar3WM_zps4b5ad0a0.jpg

With all the talk about you doing a new, fancy PCS website, you really need to figure out a way to make your sites work with iPads/tablets. It's completely unusable for me on an iPad. There's only like a couple billion people out there using iPads and iPhones. I'd really like to read the story, but I hate having to get on my PC just to see one site.

With all the talk about you doing a new, fancy PCS website, you really need to figure out a way to make your sites work with iPads/tablets. It's completely unusable for me on an iPad. There's only like a couple billion people out there using iPads and iPhones. I'd really like to read the story, but I hate having to get on my PC just to see one site.

The "Ipad friendly" (mobile site) side of the SEPCS site is under development. However, there are a few members of the SEPCS that have Ipads and have used the site without issue. You have been the only person that has expressed this and that feedback has prompted the development of a friendlier browsing side for Apple products. ;)

Don't know what I might be doing wrong, but when I click that link, this is what I see (bottom of the page, the rest is just a single file line of random pictures):

sepcs.jpg

Black text on dark brown background, nothing is clickable.

...I did find one thing confusing in the story about the ambulance service though, they kept referring to it as providing ambulatory care. The word "ambulatory" means able to walk on your own...
A lot of people use the terms "ambulance" and "ambulatory" interchangeably - and incorrectly. They are, in fact, almost opposites. I think they assumption is that, since the first five letters are the same, they must refer to the same thing. Grammar is a lost art.

Attachments

• Grammar Police - Copy.jpg
    Grammar Police - Copy.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 488
A lot of people use the terms "ambulance" and "ambulatory" interchangeably - and incorrectly. They are, in fact, almost opposites. I think they assumption is that, since the first five letters are the same, they must refer to the same thing. Grammar is a lost art.

I am really glad that this is posted here and not at the SEPCS, the Earle family are members there. The family provided the information and most of verbiage located in the Earle story.

However, the word ambulatory has been stricken from the article since it seems too much for a few to bear.

You can turn your sirens off now. ;)

An update for those that followed this thread before.

The 1976 Lifeliner has been gone through, end to end and top to bottom. Now she is ready to hit the streets again and enjoy her new found life!

Enjoy!

Lifeliner1_zps1825266f.jpg

Lifeliner2_zps348312aa.jpg

Lifeliner4_zpsec593025.jpg

Lifeliner3_zps3e673c23.jpg

Lifeliner5_zpsa6b0a179.jpg

Another Lifeliner SAVED!

Back