1957 Flower pot

I'm with Kurt Eureka cast there stuff out of brass. But no since in doing that a lot of less expensive medals to use that will hold up.

Eureka was well known for their use of triple-plated solid bronze fixtures and hardware inside and out, so you will find other chrome-plated bronze (not brass.. there are significant differences) parts on your coach.

Also important to note that this style of coach lamp is not unique to the '57 models. Eureka used that style from '49 through '58. Other Eureka trim and hardware was also used for several years.

Eureka's quality was definitely second to no one!

I parted out a '58 Eureka 3-way landau back around 1984. It had these same coach lamps. It was a very restorable coach and never should have been parted out. It's biggest issues were that the table was gone and the leaf springs were broken. The coach's original color was copper with a copper crinkle-finish roof, but it had been re-painted black. Hind-sight. I just sold the landau bars to Nick Yassan about 2 years ago. I don't recall where the coach lamps went. Ed purchased the hood from this coach fairly recently for the '58 Eureka that he restored. The fenders are still available.

Last edited:
bronze is a combination of brass and copper and a harder material then either. needless to say reacquires a good foundry to mold. Rock Falls, Sterling had them close by. . as I said they are a lot of materials one could do them out of that would be a lot cheaper.

Copper (Cu) is a pure element, Brass can vary from red brass to yellow brass, and consists of copper (Cu), zinc (Zn), and sometimes trace elements of iron and /or lead. Bronze is yet another alloy, that consists of copper (Cu), tin (Sn), and other metals, in different percentages than brass. Bronze and Brass are alloys, and as such don't have an element designation.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysInnHOoouc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3MzyRD7n2I[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUtJt0fA5S8[/ame]

Thanks for all responses. So mine are missing and I have a guy here who says he can reproduce 2 for me for around 800USD. I would like them chrome if possiable and Im just asking you guys is there a cheaper way of doing this cause they wont be authentic anyway and no one will know but me. I do want them to look good.

1957 Eureka

Thanks for all responses. So mine are missing and I have a guy here who says he can reproduce 2 for me for around 800USD. I would like them chrome if possiable and Im just asking you guys is there a cheaper way of doing this cause they wont be authentic anyway and no one will know but me. I do want them to look good.

Have you checked into any 3D printing? Might be cheaper to have it scanned than printed to make a mold for casting? :my2cents:

it will cost a guy a grand to get some one to map it for the 3d printer. the same process as the billet boys use. then all they can do is coat it with silver nitrate and clear coat it. it doesn't look like chrome from what I have seen. if some one can cast then from tin for 800 then plating will be another 2 you got into them what the mapping would cost and they are in hand.

the grand figure is the price I was quoted when I inquired about the 53 taillights.

my experience with getting them cast or made from buillett has not been good.

Back