Superior rear door

Martin Harvey

PCS Member
Winter project, Im doing some paint touch ups on the '67 and I tought it was a good occasion to re-do the inner rear door which was in bad shape.

Some parts are missing on mine (see picture attached of ex-Roy's toy) and I need some advice and pictures of what could be ordered for a correct weatherstripping?

Again, not mine, it's just a reference picture of what is missing.

that is just a striker cushion. the good news is superior used them on all there cars for a long time so find a superior and you have the chance to get 3 off each one. the weather striping is a fairly common one most of the disturbers have that style Metro, rubber the right way, Steel rubber all have profile. the trick is to find who has it the cheapest. one nice thing about superiors is the corners were molded separate so you can normal save at lest two off each door to replace the upper corners. the best way to check on the weather seal is to cut a splice out of the bottom of the door were is not pushed out of shape and compare it. I have found that super glue works good to make your splices with it.

Ed was it the same rubber used on each doors? the one I have in the back was changed a long time ago. Original weatherstripping is only on my front and rear doors.

Yes the same as the side doors. It was that way on the 66 I did And on this 67. The 71 used the same as the MM. But the 60s ones I have had apart used a C with a flat bottom style

The weatherstripping on my door is actually thinner than the one on the doors and another material was sticked on the car to avoid water inside. That might be the clue.

I got my '67 parts catalog and here is what I need:

I will need help for this part, there is absolutely no Superior parts car in my province, and I want to keep my '66 complete ...

The superior used a right angle pice of rubber around the inside of the door. It was used to finish off the edge. It is thin hard rubber.
The standard trick was to add the stick on foam to the jam when the door started leaking. It only worked for about as long as it took go put it on.

Srtiker

The weatherstripping on my door is actually thinner than the one on the doors and another material was sticked on the car to avoid water inside. That might be the clue.

I got my '67 parts catalog and here is what I need:

I will need help for this part, there is absolutely no Superior parts car in my province, and I want to keep my '66 complete ...

Do you need just one?

Back