2.0 Upgrade 1965 Oldsmobile

Daniel Scully

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I will now have A/C once I make the conversion. Found a 65 98 LS. Which is loaded ,a/c, p/w ,p/s, tilt, p/l . A/C will be used for sure the other items probably. On the back of the seat there is something like a vanity pull down? One side the holder comes out and look like you put a cigarette pack in it? Any ideas on this?DSC04619.jpgDSC04622.jpgDSC04630.jpgDSC04627.jpgDSC04623.jpgDSC04628.jpgDSC04620.jpgDSC03693.jpg

Last edited:
Daniel, these were tissue dispensers. My Dad bought a 1966 and a 1969 Olds 98 and both were LS (Luxury Sedan) models. I think that on the 1969 one side was converted for storage for makeup. The 1966 model had a design error in the front end which caused the right front wheel to collapse under when turning left. I was driving on my learner's permit the second time it happened. I know that GM was happy to give a generous allowance toward the purchase of the new 1969. Yes, the Rocket 455 could shred the Goodyear wide ovals on the rear!

Looks like the 98 has a AM-FM if I'm seeing the dial right,

Are you adding the tilt column and the radio to your coach too? Both those would be a nice upgrade.

Looks like the 98 has a AM-FM if I'm seeing the dial right,

Are you adding the tilt column and the radio to your coach too? Both those would be a nice upgrade.

Kind of strange but the coach already has AM/FM .The parts car does have AM/FM , I have a 66 column that is tilt /telescopic and probably use that . I will be adding the a/c and most of the other options out of it .

that one you had to think about, make me feel good tell me the 98 has a lot of mechanical issues. half a day cleaning and it would be a nice car.

but then many a nice pro car has been cut up for the same reason.

that one you had to think about, make me feel good tell me the 98 has a lot of mechanical issues. half a day cleaning and it would be a nice car.

but then many a nice pro car has been cut up for the same reason.

Unfortunately, I think it only needs u joints. It,s worth more to me dead than alive for the upgrades to my C/B. Solid car but no real market for it , you would have to be in it for the love of the car.

that is the truth. now if it was a Chevy Biscayne same year it would be worth a lot of money. people are strange are they not. :rolleyes:

Back