Rear bumper rusted out

I am parting out a 72 Cadillac FleetWood Searies 75 Limo. Let me know what you need, and I'll tell you if I have it, or if its any count.

Thanks
Josh

How about a rear bumper? I need one with small back-up lights like this. I can have my mechanic cut it to install the rear step.
Richard

Jan24005.jpg

How about a rear bumper? I need one with small back-up lights like this. I can have my mechanic cut it to install the rear step.
Richard

I have found a company that can repair your old bumper. They strip off all the chrome, nickle, and copper, then sand blast the entire bumper on both sides. Cut out the rusted parts, and weld in new metal. Grind the welding smooth, polish, copper, nickle, and then chrome. This is all the good news. The bad news is that they only do work for commercial accounts. The good news is that I have a commercial account with them, and can arrange to have yours done when you are ready. I have some bumpers out now being plated, and I will post later on about the quality of the work. I am certain that there are other platers that will also do this work, but you will need to search them out. Many platers don't want to be bothered with doing rust repair, because it is time consuming. Turn around time on just plating is 12 - 16 weeks, and rust repair can add more to that. Quicker in the winter months, and slower in the warmer months. Most people don't think about having their bumpers plated until it is close to taking the car out of winter storage.

I have found a company that can repair your old bumper. They strip off all the chrome, nickle, and copper, then sand blast the entire bumper on both sides. Cut out the rusted parts, and weld in new metal. Grind the welding smooth, polish, copper, nickle, and then chrome. This is all the good news. The bad news is that they only do work for commercial accounts. The good news is that I have a commercial account with them, and can arrange to have yours done when you are ready. I have some bumpers out now being plated, and I will post later on about the quality of the work. I am certain that there are other platers that will also do this work, but you will need to search them out. Many platers don't want to be bothered with doing rust repair, because it is time consuming. Turn around time on just plating is 12 - 16 weeks, and rust repair can add more to that. Quicker in the winter months, and slower in the warmer months. Most people don't think about having their bumpers plated until it is close to taking the car out of winter storage.

Good to know Paul, thanks

Back