Check your holes, gentleman.

Drain holes that is. Looked at mine today and they were clogged something fierce. The water that came out of my doors was unbelievable!

Got the 63 out yesterday and gave it a bath. Opened all the doors and let them run. Thanks for posting Pat, it's a healthy reminder.

Well...

You crazy hippies out in CA got it made with no snow or rain.:D

There is a lot to be said for no snow ...but....no rain...well its not a pretty sight....and our wildfires have already started,not to mention our San Joaquin valley produce....farmers are saying $5-$7.00 for a head of lettuce for the country by mid July....if they even have any to sell as most growers have stopped planting water guzzling produce,as allotments have been cut by 80% ! :eek:

If your smart you will all plant a garden !!:thumbsup: :)

Washed the 63 today and sure enough all the drain holes were plugged. Sounded like a washing machine closing the doors.

all part of that constant maintenance. most of the time is from the undercoating put in the doors, it dries out and falls in when you slam the doors. if you discover that it keeps doing it, pull the trim pad. then clean it out from the inside. you will be surprised what you find in there. a little spray bomb of rusty metal primer on the new bare spots and in the pinch weld will keep them safe. if you have a late 60 early 70 MM you will find that any one of the doors may have the drain holes plugged with the over lapping door skins. they were big on that in those years. the only thing that got them to rust. a 1/4 in bit on the drill will open them up. same as those plugged with seam sealer

EXCELLENT point! The driver's and passenger's doors on my '54 Eureka need some tweaking to empty when the doors are closed. Thanks for the reminder!

Back