'29 Studebaker hearse

Now that is a project! I have seen that a few times with the same crazy price. It is a real shame to see old coaches in this condition, that was quite the car in it's day.

Jeremy

Looks like nothing more than a lawn art project to me at this point. $500 should be the very top end.

To be fair, there is a "Make Offer" button, its closing in on being 100 years old, and it has a title. I agree there's not much left there, but the stuff that is there ain't gettin' any easier to find.

what your buying is all the iron and running gear and a title for a 29. John and Patty's 39 looked about like this when they got it it's just that the 39 had more iron. but if your a cabinet maker or like to work with wood. here is a project for you. price in negotiable. but not one I want to tackle. it would be one I would love to be part of doing thought. it might be a little ambitious for a first time restoration project!!

1929 Studebaker info

The new 1929 Studebaker President sedans rode on a 125 inch wheelbase. The ad says the owner was told it was a Presidential hearse. What he was told and how accurate that info is could be questionable. In Tom McPherson's book: Superior The Complete History page 113 show a '29 Studebaker hearse and states it is on a 158 inch wheelbase. So we now have to find out if the seller here can tell us the wheelbase of the chassis he wants to sell. Pages 112 through 116 of the Superior book show 1929 model Studebaker hearses.
Mike

more Studebaker info

The seller of the 29 Studebaker has answered my questions.
No other tags or logos on the chassis to id it as anything but Studebaker.
The wheelbase is 144 inches.
He says he contacted the Studebaker club about 20 years ago and they told him the serial number id'd the chassis as one built to be a hearse.
Now you have a bit more info.

Note to Todd. This one is not that close to 100 years yet. 16 years to on that.
When you get as old as some of us here you will understand we don't want to ad years any faster than needed.
Mike

Back