Tire Gauges

I know everyone is talking about tires and tire pressure before leaving for the meet. but I was checking the tire pressure on my coach today and was using a pen style gauge then I used another ...and then another one ....... 4 gauges in total and they all read different !!! I mean by 5 to 8 lbs difference WTF ????

is there a life span on tire gauges ??? whats the best to buy ??

check your tire gauge not just your tires before u leave for Daytona.

:smileflagcan:

Last edited:
Maybe you should try MADE/TESTED/ASSEMBLED IN THE USA products.

G.H. Meiser, manufacturer of Accu-Gage products, has a factory in Posen, IL where they have manufactured products since 1906.

G.H. Meiser, manufacturer of Accu-Gage products, has a factory in Posen, IL where they have manufactured products since 1906.
The following parts are Manufactured in the USA:
Brass components (check valve assemblies, straight chucks, swivel angle chucks, right angle chucks) are made at the factory in Posen, IL USA
Braided hose (USA made rubber, braiding done in Posen, IL USA with USA made thread)

Assembled in the USA:
Assembly of above components is done in Posen, IL USA
Final assembly of gauges/chucks/hoses.

Tested in USA:
All final testing and packaging of designated products is done in the USA. The following categories/models contain components manufactured in the US:
All H... Series (H...X, H...XA, RA...X, DF...X)
All S... Series (S...X, S...XA)
TG75
EZ-Air
EZ-Deflator

Or...........

You can buy cheap Air Gages from Reliable China Air Gages suppliers by clicking here...

Ya get what ya pay for...

Mike

I found the same thing many years ago.

I figure I was going to be driving cars for a long time so I bought a 80.00 tire gauge. Well guess what... it was off more than the pen style !

I too would be interested in getting a ACCURATE tire gauge. One that can actually tell me the real tire pressure !

Even worse are the bicycle tire gauges.

Maybe its time to try Paul's suggestion,
Darren

Darren
I was just checking them out on the web.... the Accutire brand is one of the most recommited one...model MS-4021-B and u can get it at Canadian Tire.

maybe I will drop by a tire shop and talk to the experts !

I, too, have found a wide span of differences between pressures. I also discovered that if the batteries are not fresh in the electronic gages, the digital reading will differ with the SAME gage.

Darren
I was just checking them out on the web.... the Accutire brand is one of the most recommited one...model MS-4021-B and u can get it at Canadian Tire.

maybe I will drop by a tire shop and talk to the experts !

You need to replace it with nitrogen, like they use on the race cars.
nitrogen is less likely to migrate through tire rubber than is oxygen, which means that your tire pressures will remain more stable over the long term. Racers figured out pretty quickly that tires filled with nitrogen rather than air also exhibit less pressure change with temperature swings. That means more consistent inflation pressures during a race as the tires heat up.

Read more: Nitrogen vs Air In Tires - Why Nitrogen in Tires - Popular Mechanics

just picked up a new Digital Tire Gauge this morning at Canadian Tire, I looked around and decided on a Michelin brand.
it comes with a lifetime Lithium battery and it says it is accuracy to +/- 1% or 0.5 PSI

and it was only $10.00

I checked the tires when I got home against my old dial gauge and there was a 9 lbs difference !!!! wow

and yes Paul....it is made in the good ole USA !!!!! lol

everything else was made in China !

I tend to stay away from name brand "licensed" add-on type sales.

Things like "Jeep" items. Jeep licensed out their name to everything imaginable.
Bicycles, baby carriages, key chains, cup holders, etc, etc, etc.

The bikes are super low end junk ! So was most of the other things I have seen with Jeep on it that has nothing to do with a Jeep.

It isn't just Jeep... CAT, John Deere, Cadillac, Etc... and the list goes on and on.

I guess the best thing is that it was at least Made in USA.
...but was it made by: G.H. Meiser, manufacturer of Accu-Gage products ???

I would be interested to know how accurate it really is. 1/2 a pound to me would be fantastic ! ...and I would buy some of them !

Darren

well after adjusting the pressures on all the tires on the Caddy, she drives soooooooo much better and handles well like a caddy ! so I quess the gauge is pretty accurate.

its made by Measurement Ltd in N.J.

all the rest is made in China

Back