Rare Combination Car 1980 Supeior

Now that I can actually see a rear interior shot! Hoo-rah! It "has to be" and ex state hospital or corrections coach. Hence the "single" jump seat. ;)

rust was stabilized and and repainted but now has some bubbling?? strange set up with the jump seat but not the appearance of a cot set up. buy 80 I would have thought that they would be using the floor anchors this one has just the cups for a removal gurney. but has heat and ac in the rear and the roll over rollers superior loved. I would guess some one ordered it new all ready set up for the second line so they could get the most use out of it. from the description someone other then this owner had put the flames on it. I would ask for pictures of the rust before and just what they did to stabilize it.

Last edited:
strange set up with the jump seat

I think one seat is missing is all. I blew up and enhanced the image and see what looks like screw holes in the trim that the piano hinge was mounted to in front of the divider. Also, I assume that's a latch for the seat back mounted in the divider.

Attachments

• $T2eC16JHJF8FFqMKLT9wBSVK(cww1!~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16JHJF8FFqMKLT9wBSVK(cww1!~~60_57.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 224
I grabbed the shot but haven't played with it yet. you see any evidence of a cot lock down? the seller name sounds like some kind of auto museum tourist trap style. the leg to hold up the rear seat would be on the front one. that would explain the dip in the one folded down.

Now that I can actually see a rear interior shot! Hoo-rah! It "has to be" and ex state hospital or corrections coach. Hence the "single" jump seat. ;)
The downsized Superior combos had a single jump seat. Chief Ron's 77 had just one, and my 82 came with just one (although they faced different directions).

I think one seat is missing is all. I blew up and enhanced the image and see what looks like screw holes in the trim that the piano hinge was mounted to in front of the divider. Also, I assume that's a latch for the seat back mounted in the divider.

Here are two photos of the single seat and spacer in my combo.

Attachments

• jacobson82comint.jpg
    jacobson82comint.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 162
  • P9140034.jpg
    P9140034.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 159
Jerry have you ever placed a gurney in yours. just wondering were the head would be. for such a long car all the space gets gobbled up in front end over hang.

This has been for sale off and on for over a year now. I talked to the owner along time ago and he told me it needs a lot of body work. Ad has not changed any since then.

Back