Those Darn Shriners! 1949 Henney-Packard

Yet another hearse surfaces, punished by the shriners...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Packard-Sta...a86c79fd8&item=251369332696&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

$T2eC16F,!)cFIdFU5BNnBScWH8(EFg~~60_57.JPG

You have to keep this in perspective. When they were cutting these cars, they were junks, and no one was collecting them. There was no clubs, including the Professional Car Society, and the mainstream car clubs wouldn't allow them on the field. In 1969, when the Godfather movie was being made, a friend that was supplying the cars to the production company asked for me to help locate flower cars. I was able to purchase one running and registered flower car, and the rest were old hearses that I found in various junk yards, purchased, got them running well enough for the movie, cut the backs off to look like flower cars, and they were filmed. After the filming, the cars all went back to a junk yard, and the one "original" flower car, had the front end sold to a fellow that had a car that had a wrecked front end. Not all old cars were considered collectible, like they are today.

parts man look at them parts then whats left you can put that full blown rat motor in and burn the tires off it. just think if it wasn't for the shiners this car would not be here for the parts it can yield. but I'm with you. why bother. had they put the time effort and money into a decent parade trailer it would still be in use today. of course then the body and drive train would be missing and know one would know it's a 49 Henney chassis under that trailer.

Back