1967 Cadillac Superior Hearse W/Casket

The roof is gross! Were they attempting to mud over rust, or just mud over the crinkle finish? Seems high, given the condition of the roof.

it would look like they did the bed liner over the roof after removing the vinyl top. if it's stuck on there good it might be a good base for the new top. my question is what's he want for it with out the box. last thing I need is a tool box that big in the car.

Used for movie/tv cars scare me. A good friend has been a production car coordinator for the past 30ish years, and has told and shown me how these cars are prepped. No body work, painted in someone's front yard, zero paint prep, and lots of over spray. It basically just gets cosmetically ready for camera shots which don't show many flaws (because few people pay attention to that anyway, and close ups are often done with doubles). If this one is of the same quality, I'd definitely make a trip to inspect it in person first. Still a very cool coach either way, and a beautiful design. 1965-1970 Superior lines were their best ever, I think.

It is indeed amazing what the film makers can do with modern technology. When the movie company in NYC hired my Green Masterpiece they wanted black. They shot the film and if you look at the actual production they simply recolored it black as they wanted. When they shot the film each take was reviewed on the spot before the next shoot. Point being hiding flaws is a piece of cake for the production folks.

Back