value this coach

Mike Stevens

PCS Member
Please give me your educated guess as to the value of a wrecked coach. The coach is a 1992 Federal with less than 41,000 miles. It was in excellent condition inside and out. Then it went through a wall at the car wash. Now the front end is bent, the windshield is broken, and the vinyl top is ripped. The car can be fixed but the insurance company and the owner have different ideas what it is worth. The insurance people have said the car is only worth less we think it will cost to repair it to its former glory. Your input will be anonymous. All we want is some numbers to fight the insurance people with.

Are you wanting value as is or before wreck? As is probably $500. Before accident maybe $3500 to $4500 depending on a few things. We have had and sold several of these in last year and value has went down really bad in last six months. We have a 92 for sale that we would take around $3500 for with 70k if that gives you an idea. Hope this helps.

Danny,
Thanks for your input. The insurance company says they will pay $5500. The owner was thinking this was worth about double that when it was in great shape. Like you said they have taken quite a hit lately. I will relay all info to the owner. Like I said earlier all info will be held anonymous. They thought since I belonged to the PCS I might have some insight as to values. I told them I would ask for members help on the website.
Thanks,
Mike
61 M-M

Danny,
Thanks for your input. The insurance company says they will pay $5500. The owner was thinking this was worth about double that when it was in great shape. Like you said they have taken quite a hit lately. I will relay all info to the owner. Like I said earlier all info will be held anonymous. They thought since I belonged to the PCS I might have some insight as to values. I told them I would ask for members help on the website.
Thanks,
Mike
61 M-M

To be honest Mike, that is fair price even if the car was like new condition. Some guys think there cars are worth more being low miles and nice but we know that the older body styles won't pull the change till you get really older.

Federal

I assume this is a Cadillac? When I got home with the '94 Federal Lincoln I valued it at $5000 with State Farm. It has some rust but only 71K miles, and I got over 21 mpg in it. I don't have anything near that much in it, but they didn't blink an eye - and I have full coverage on it as well...

I agree on the value, if you really want the car have the insurance company total it, purchase it back, make the repairs and have it inspected and put back into service. The 90's cars are a dime a dozen and just not that good for holding their value. Kenn Evans, II

Danny,
Thanks,
Mike
61 M-M

Back