Tornado Ducking!

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Ones whom have been keeping up with the weather know that we have been getting a pretty good battering from storms over the past few days. So far were all well and OK as are the cars! Last night I didn't go to bed till after midnight and was back up at 4:30 this morning staring at the radar on TV as another band of storms and tornadoes came through. As I type this were going into day three of this as storm band #2 of the day has started to make its way across Middle Tennessee. Less than 3 miles from the FH a tornado did touch down this morning but damages seem minimal. Now I know how the Floridians feel during hurricane season! I'll be keeping everyone posted as we await round #3 later this evening

This is starting to get a little old. Last week the first night in my new house, a tornado touched down a mile down the road. We have ben dealing with this at least once a week for a couple months now in Tennessee and Kentucky, and every day for the past few days. And theres still more to come today.

Josh

Yup, don't like em'. We have been lucky so far this year in our part of the country. I know Doug W. and Steve Loftin knows what it's like to Dodge those tornados.

Hope they all stay clear of you guys. Remember, tornado sirens are an alert to take cover, not to tell you to come out and look around!!!

Thanks,
Mike

They think one hit outside of Gallatin about 15 miles from me. Maybe they are after the Volunteer Chapter members... Round 3 is closing in..

Sharon and I are veteran tornado duckers. Last one we were in, down in Xenia in 2000, laid a huge tree out across the Bayliff Packard coach, but spared us. Please be careful..................

this may sound like a dumb question but do y'all have insurance to cover any losses due to a tornado or are they considered an "act of God" and give the insurance companies a loophole to wiggle out of?
please be safe!

this may sound like a dumb question but do y'all have insurance to cover any losses due to a tornado or are they considered an "act of God" and give the insurance companies a loophole to wiggle out of?
please be safe!

Pretty sure I've got coverage on my home policy to cover tornado loss/damages but I'm. unsure (hopefully I won't have to find out) how damage the would be classified though.

a interesting pattern you are trapped in down there. glad it's you and not me. look on the bright side at least the fire danger is low.

got up this morning to see all of the tornado damage and loss of life in your guys area. Hope all is well and hunker down like a turtle if needed.

got up this morning to see all of the tornado damage and loss of life in your guys area. Hope all is well and hunker down like a turtle if needed.

I fully expected to come home from work, the last couple of days, and find a couple of Jeremy's cars parked on my roof, but fortunately, that didn't happen. We made it through this last go round just fine. Thanks for everyone's concern.

We got through it fine here, just north of Atlanta. The tornadoes were a little north and a little south of us, so we just had severe thunderstorms and wind. It you looked at it on a map, it looked like we got the only gap in the path...

And I see Danny online, so I guess that means he's not floating around in the Atlantic :D

I now realize how lucky I am. Over the course of the winter you all have probably heard me complain about more snow coming, or rare floods. Occasionally we deal with a tropical storm, blizzard or hurricane. All of this pales in comparison to the tornadoes, earthquakes, wildfires, and mudslides that many of my fellow members have to deal with. So to my PCS friends in the danger zone this week please be safe.

After it's all said and done Middle Tennessee was the lucky ones. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Kent, can Pearl still come live in your garage? Will Elmo fit? LOL

Stay safe!

Just saw the updates on the news. Sadly, over 250 have been killed. Out West all we have to worry about is the big shaker. No warning, just minutes of terror (as in Japan).

Please keep us updated.

Back